When I'm viewing a youtube video on my Curve and someone calls me, the incoming call does not ring and goes straight to voicemail.

Is there any way to get incoming calls to ring instead of going straight to voicemail when watching youtube?

thanks!
    05-05-09 07:29 PM
    I dont think there is a way around this how much time do spend on youtube the average vid is only 3.5 min so check in after each video.
    05-05-09 08:11 PM
    Yeah, I don't think it was engineered around the user using youtube that often, but I'm totally for having an option or something along those lines to interupt the caller for a phone call.
    05-05-09 08:37 PM
    With most carriers if you are using data you won't get calls while actually using data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 08:48 PM
    It depends on your area if voice overrides data. My home area I would not get the call in Vegas I would get the call. That is with Sprint. I believe it is an option for the local sprint or your carrier to setup for their network.
    05-05-09 09:03 PM
    when you are online it ties up your network so it is "in use" so you will not get calls, same happens if you send a text at the same time a call comes in
    05-05-09 10:19 PM
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    05-06-09 09:28 AM
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Is that so? If he's not on 3G CDMA, for instance, it makes perfect sense. Even if he were, he couldn't do simultaneous voice and data (the data would get dropped if he accepted the call.)
    05-06-09 09:57 AM
    My point is a voice call should override data no matter what.
    05-06-09 10:10 AM
    Verizon's system is programmed to interrupt data for a call. It's called "circuit precedence over packet data" and the upgrade was done a few years ago. http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=937396 AT&T 3G should be able to take the call also, but that doesn't help. Come to think of it, knowing this about Verizon doesn't help you either, so I guess it's just bragging! Sorry!
    Last edited by renzi555; 05-06-09 at 11:53 AM.
    05-06-09 10:32 AM
    Hey your learn something new everyday.

While on EDGE with my curve (via T-Mobile), while using data (well youtube anyway, during the short test I just did), calls go to VM.

On WiFi and using data (same youtube video), calls come through.

Which is odd, because I have been on the road using google maps and made and received calls. So does it depend on the type of data useage at the time of the in coming call?
    05-06-09 01:14 PM
    Hey your learn something new everyday.

While on EDGE with my curve (via T-Mobile), while using data (well youtube anyway, during the short test I just did), calls go to VM.

On WiFi and using data (same youtube video), calls come through.

Which is odd, because I have been on the road using google maps and made and received calls. So does it depend on the type of data useage at the time of the in coming call?
    Youtube is more than likely streaming pretty much constantly while the video is playing. Google maps only has to access every once in a while. As long as data isn't in use the call can come through.
    05-06-09 05:41 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'm guessing that most folks, me included, would prefer that the incoming call have precedence over data.
    05-09-09 07:37 PM
    i would definitely prefer that the voice call override the data but unfortunately it's happened to me a bunch of times where a voice mail will just pop up while i'm doing something else...
    05-09-09 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD