Hey everyone,

I work in the IT department of my company and the nature of this job brings me to absolutely HATE Blackberries. Reason why? Well, I only see them when there are problems.

Let's see, this one has me completely boggled. The BB in question is a 8310 from Telefonica Movistar in Spain. When you call a contact from the address book, call log, etc, it always dials a certain number.

We have short extensions for our company mobiles. Lets say I am calling Mr. X whose number is 4101 and when I highlight his name and press the green button (or bring up the menu and CHOOSE the number) it dials 4384. Well, it does this with EVERY SINGLE CONTACT. We have many other Blackberries which are working fine but this one just won't.

I've tried reloading the contacts, upgrading, downgrading... the works... what's going on???
    08-07-08 08:16 AM
    Hey everyone,

I work in the IT department of my company and the nature of this job brings me to absolutely HATE Blackberries. Reason why? Well, I only see them when there are problems.

Let's see, this one has me completely boggled. The BB in question is a 8310 from Telefonica Movistar in Spain. When you call a contact from the address book, call log, etc, it always dials a certain number.

We have short extensions for our company mobiles. Lets say I am calling Mr. X whose number is 4101 and when I highlight his name and press the green button (or bring up the menu and CHOOSE the number) it dials 4384. Well, it does this with EVERY SINGLE CONTACT. We have many other Blackberries which are working fine but this one just won't.

I've tried reloading the contacts, upgrading, downgrading... the works... what's going on???
    Is this the only device that this is happening to? I would think removing the IT policy and then trying to dial the contacts after that should work. Unless they have that short dialing embedded in the policy.
    08-07-08 08:41 AM
    It has to have something to do with the address book and sync'ing.

If I delete the address book, and then call one of the numbers left in the call log, it will dial the right number. HOWEVER. I have deleted the contact with the number it always dials (4384) and then sync'ed... It still keeps calling that number... odd
    08-07-08 09:19 AM
    But did you try a battery pull? worth a shot i guess.....
    08-07-08 09:31 AM
    Yes I did
    08-07-08 09:42 AM
    Any other ideas?
    08-08-08 04:44 AM
    Hola, simplemente decirte que yo tambien trabajo en el dept de IT de una empresa, y tengo exactamente el mismo problema con los numeros abreviados. Has encontrado alguna solucion?

gracias!
    09-24-08 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD