I've posted before but got only 1 response.... My wonderful carrier AT&T is all of a sudden billing me for insanely excessive call wait times, when I've NEVER had this problem until I switched to the 8310 Curve. I know for fact I'm not the only one who has noticed this problem with their billing and am looking for help fighting AT&T. If anyone else has or has had this problem, can I please hear about it?? Ever since I started using this phone my bill has jumped anywhere from $140 to $278!! Please send me any information you may have!

Kindest regards,
    Tracy
    05-12-08 03:36 PM
    Have you contacted At&t. I never had this issue.
    05-12-08 04:32 PM
    I've had my bb for about 8 months now and no issue. Perhaps your using the browser and email and they didn't activate your bb service so your getting charged data?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 07:11 PM
    Elli313 - Can you explain what charges you think are out of line. I've got an 8310 with AT&T and aside from paying for the unlimited data plan I can't say that my bill has increased. I don't understand what you mean by "excessive call waiting charges".
    05-12-08 07:37 PM
    I am leaning towards homer's response. If you don't have a data plan, the amount they charge is unreal. It happend to my sister when she got her Blackjack. I have not had a problem since joining AT&T in July with either my 8300 or 8310.
    05-12-08 10:56 PM
    I have to join the majority, I have an 8310, and to this date, have never had an issue. Again, what are call waiting charges?

I use the BES plan from at&t and I pay around 45 a month for it. I don't know what you mean by the charges... Explain!

msblueline
    05-13-08 12:29 AM
    What do you mean by "wait charges"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 12:31 AM
    Just got my first AT&T BB billing and the switch over from my Razr went smoothly. No billing issues at all. Might want to check that you have an unlimited data plan/text plan though.
    05-13-08 09:39 AM
    Ok, this is what's happening... when I look at my current bills (past 3 months actually) under the call detail I see listed under "Call To" a ton of Call Waits instead of city,state or incoming cl. Now I've compared the charges on my bill to those whose numbers show up as a Call Wait and they do not have the same amount of minutes as I do on my bill. So say, one of the charges is for a call wait to my mom's cell- they say the "conversation" (call wait) lasted 18 minutes, she checked her bill and does not have the same 18 minutes on her bill but only 1. So some how the phone is not registering that the call ended and I'm billed for whatever AT&T says. I find it extremely hard to believe that I have in the past 3 months (coincidentally the same time I've had this 8310) all of a sudden become this chatty kathy and rake up an excessive 702 minutes (just this current bill alone)! And no, the text billing is correct and is not affected by this problem. I do not use internet either. I know of one other person personally who has this problem. My friends' sons' girlfriend has her mother call Verizon every month and make them adjust her bill due to this same problem.
    05-13-08 03:44 PM
    I just looked over our last 2 bills. Me, wife and daughter.
    On my daughters detail, I stopped counting at 50 "Call Wait"on one bill, 30 on another. I gotta ask the kid about those
    All three bills are with $5 of each other, and I attribute the diff to directory assistance calls.

For what it's worth all of the call waiting charges(I have no idea what they are, but I'm not paying for them, so no worries) show up as $0.00
    05-13-08 04:05 PM
    Well I'm with Suncom and when I first got my BB I signed up for unlimited data within the Suncom network. Big mistake in 2 weeks I had 200 dollars of roaming data fees(I never used the internet out side of suncom). I changed to unlimited data and bill has never changed from month to month. I know its not ATnT but hopefully it helps. Welcome to CB!
    05-13-08 04:07 PM
    I just looked over our last 2 bills. Me, wife and daughter.
    On my daughters detail, I stopped counting at 50 "Call Wait"on one bill, 30 on another. I gotta ask the kid about those
    All three bills are with $5 of each other, and I attribute the diff to directory assistance calls.

For what it's worth all of the call waiting charges(I have no idea what they are, but I'm not paying for them, so no worries) show up as $0.00
    Heres what I think is happening your seeing sumthin like this:

Number called/called to: call waiting

This means that you were on a call when this one came through. The reason that you may be charged is because on that call you might have gone over your minutes. Could that be it?
    05-13-08 04:16 PM
    Heres what I think is happening your seeing sumthin like this:

Number called/called to: call waiting

This means that you were on a call when this one came through. The reason that you may be charged is because on that call you might have gone over your minutes. Could that be it?
    No, I think you got it wrong, just a bit.
    What I'm saying is that unlike the OP, even with the number of "Call Waiting" entries on my daughters detail, my bill never changes in any way that I would consider material.
    05-13-08 04:26 PM
    No issues here, been switching between 83xx berries for about 5 months...
    05-13-08 04:38 PM
    I am sorry I have never heard of this. I have 3 8310 curve's plus 2 other phones totaling 5 phones and my bill is not that high. There is definitely an issue there. Have you tried to get an replacement curve. The curve is great, but like everything else there can be a bad one get through.
    Sorry i can not help anymore.
    05-14-08 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD