Seems to have just happened a day or two ago. I upgraded to 4.5.0.97 about a week ago and everything was fine. Just today i noticed that people i had assigned ringers to no longer triggered those ringers when calling. I went into my ringtones and attempted to add to contact but am not given the option in the menu anymore. Only changes i have made to my phone have been the YouTube launcher, TV Guide Launcher, BBS Alarms free trial, and SMS Eraser Free trial. Any suggestions or insite?
    11-26-08 07:14 PM
    bump...bump...
    11-26-08 07:37 PM
    It's been my experience that when you put an OS on your BB (either upgrade, downgrade, or lateral), you lose your Exceptions to Profiles (i.e., your assigned ringtones). But I don't know why you wouldn't be able to reassign them. Have you tried both in just the main Contacts screen, when you click Options while highlight a name, or in the Options when you are Editing a particular Contact?
    11-26-08 07:58 PM
    yes i have tried that. doesnt give me the option to do so.
    11-26-08 08:30 PM
    I had this problem with ringtones that saved as voicenotes. They were on my card but when I would search 4 them they would not show up when adding custom ringtones.

To fix the problem I hooked my bb up 2 my pc with mass storage mode enabled. I moved the voicenotes into my ringtones folder and now they all show up w/o having 2 browse 4 them.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 08:32 PM
    Not having that problem. All my ringtones show up as ringtones. When i edit a contact i am not given the option to assign a ringer, nor am i able to set ringer to contact when opening options while highlighting a ringer. Going to reinstall my OS and see what happens.
    11-27-08 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD