Over the past week or so I've notice that my caller ID is not working. The BB will ring 3 or 4 times before the ID shows up if at all. I've done battery pulls to no avail.

I usually keep me my phone on standby mode,which I thought was the problem, so I stopped doing that and still no caller ID.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
    06-26-08 02:52 PM
    If you are using a password with Content Protection enabled, be sure to exclude the address book in order for your caller id to work. Here are the correct settings.

Options/Security Options/General Settings/
    Password: Enabled
    Number of Password Attempts: 10
    Security Timeout: your choice
    Prompt on Application Install: No
    Lock Handheld Upon Holstering: your choice
    Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked: No
    Content Compression: Enabled
    Content Protection: Enabled
    Strength: Strong
    Include Address Book: No

With these settings, your caller ID will still work, but if you lose your blackberry, no one can make calls on it and your friends' and family's personal information in your address book is protected.
    06-26-08 03:00 PM
    If you are using a password with Content Protection enabled, be sure to exclude the address book in order for your caller id to work. Here are the correct settings.

Options/Security Options/General Settings/
    Password: Enabled
    Number of Password Attempts: 10
    Security Timeout: your choice
    Prompt on Application Install: No
    Lock Handheld Upon Holstering: your choice
    Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked: No
    Content Compression: Enabled
    Content Protection: Enabled
    Strength: Strong
    Include Address Book: No

With these settings, your caller ID will still work, but if you lose your blackberry, no one can make calls on it and your friends' and family's personal information in your address book is protected.
    Jeff,

I did what you said and now it's asking for new password. I never had a password before. What is the password for? and why after about 7 months do you think my caller ID would be doing this? I don'd mess with my settings much so I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything prior to this occuring
    06-26-08 03:05 PM
    That's why I started my instructions with "If you are using a password..." If you're not, the instructions won't make caller ID start working. You can disable the password selection and exit out of that screen. If you haven't done it already, a battery pull might fix your caller ID problem.

What is a password for? If you lose your phone, it protects your friends' and family's personal, private information that is in your call logs and address book. You can always get a new phone. Do you want some thief (or worse) having your daughter's picture, home address, and phone number?

It's also a good idea to put a number to call in case found in your owner info field. That way, if somebody finds your locked bb, they can call you to return it. I lost mine in the Washington DC Metro. Because it was locked with a number to call if found, I had it back in four hours.
    06-26-08 03:12 PM
    Jeff

Thanks for explanations, I'll try battery pull one more time. Hopefully that'll help
    06-26-08 03:23 PM
    I see in your original post where you've done that already. Sorry I overlooked it. Unfortunately that just leaves generic stuff to consider. Have you changed themes? Installed a new app? How much file free memory do you have? Is there anything consistent about which calls get Id'd and which don't? Calls in your address book, or unknown calls? You may need to call your carrier, if you have caller id on your plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 03:29 PM
    [QUOTE=JeffH;430967]I see in your original post where you've done that already. Sorry I overlooked it. Unfortunately that just leaves generic stuff to consider. Have you changed themes? Installed a new app? How much file free memory do you have?

Same Theme, did change back round pictures, no new apps, File memory is fine I barely have anything on my BB
    06-26-08 03:33 PM
    Another suggestion: go to AT&T's site and re-send your service books. I don't know that that will help, but it won't hurt. Beyond that, all I can think of is call your carrier.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-26-08 at 09:27 PM. Reason: grammar
    06-26-08 09:27 PM
    I tried everything suggested here and other threads...nothing worked. I took mine into the store, they reprogramed the phone, nothing....they got onto my plan, turned off the caller id, logged back on and turned it back on and all is well...fixed *shrug*
    03-02-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD