Hey guys I'm new to the forum so please bare with me

Anyways, I just purchased the BlackBerry 8300 from Dubai, where the carrier is 'Etisalat'

Now I'm having a bit of a problem with the contacts.

Heres the thing, I have al my contact stored in my address book, but for some reason, when someone calls me, all i see is the number and not the name of the person.

Can anyone please help me with that?

Yes I have tried switching of content protection, actually I didn't have to..it already was :s

Also, I've updated the contacts on my BB through Microsoft Outlook, but I have noticed not all the numbers of a particular contact show up.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a better way of transferring contacts from my 9300i Nokia Communicator to the BB?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Whoops, just found out this is the wrong forum, mods please put it in the right forum
    Last edited by hitender_s; 11-14-07 at 10:30 AM.
    11-14-07 10:27 AM
    Make sure security is not on. Options / security options / general settings / content protection - disable it...

Also, make sure language is set correctly. Lastly, in phone menu, options / smart dialing, make sure country code etc, etc is set correctly.
    11-14-07 02:43 PM
    Ummmm...what exactly do you mean to check my language is set correctly?

If this helps, my language is set to English which is the default one
    11-15-07 06:02 AM
    Unfortunately I still can't see the caller's ID.

Can you please specify where exactly is the Phone Menu/Options is??

Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, if that does not work, any other suggestions?

Help required guys, thanks a lot
    11-19-07 06:55 AM
    Press the GREEN SEND button; that's phone. Now, press menu, etc, etc...
    11-19-07 07:36 AM
    Well, I don't know about the original poster. But that just solved a problem for my g/f. Her incoming calls weren't showing up caller id but after changing the country code to a UK one under SMART DIALING they now DO show up.

Why does it need to know the country code and what does that mean if you are going to be traveling to different countries?

Thanks...!
    08-17-08 05:31 PM
    when someone calls me, I the screen no longer shows who is calling. How can I fix this?
    08-11-09 08:21 PM
    thats the solution for all you for whom the security options did not work. change this setting under the 'smart dialing' option in your phone interface menu. set it to your national number length (it was 9 for me in Kenya).

/h2
    08-31-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD