Hi, I seem to be having a problem making calls on my Blackberry while I'm on campus. I am currently using the 8320 T-Mobile Curve, 4.2.x, I haven't updated it. Now I've searched Google for answers and I got things like turn it off and back on, shut off connections and then back on, or completely removing the battery. Let me tell you now, I've done all three and I immediately get the error tone on the phone. No one can call me and I cannot use text messages. Everything except that works fine, the internet and the programs.

What I think might be the problem is this: My permanent address is in Boston, where T-Mobile has coverage. My campus however does not. Anytime I enter the campus it changes from T-Mobile to Immix Wireless. I feel as though this might be the problem. However what's more troubling is that, I've used T-Mobile for years, and this is my second year on campus, meaning that my phone has gone through the switch before and I was able to make calls. After Thanksgiving break this year, I have not been able to make a single call. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    12-05-08 10:05 PM
    Try this out. Go to 'Manage Connections'>'Mobile Network Options'>Network Selection Mode Change this to Manual.

It should then scan for available networks and you can select the different ones around you. Should give you a better idea of what your phone is trying to do and failing at so that you can better solve this. I'm trouble with your ability to not make phone calls, but you CAN get on the web...that seems *** backwards.
    12-06-08 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD