since yesterday, when i try to make a call, it says call failed..
    anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?
    11-11-07 12:46 AM
    And ever since yesterday, you still could not make calls? Check if you have network coverage.
    11-11-07 12:48 AM
    looks like i do have coverage..
    11-11-07 12:57 AM
    Did you delete applications? modules perhaps? Can you receive calls?
    11-11-07 01:01 AM
    nope didnt touch anything, calls go straight to voicemail.
    11-11-07 01:20 AM
    I had the same issue until I removed the battery and rebooted
    11-11-07 11:45 AM
    My BB does the same thing from time to time, but usually only after going and coming out of an area with no coverage. I just give it a 1-2 minutes and I'm back in business.
    11-11-07 12:45 PM
    if you remove the battery, will it erase everything?
    11-11-07 05:01 PM
    Removing the battery would just reboot the BB like rebooting a computer. No erasing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-07 05:40 PM
    I believe this is an issue with the Blackberry. I did just a bit of research on it. Seems like a fairly common problem. It happened to me in my house. Great coverage on my house. I couldn't get calls to go through for about an hour. Not over wifi or tmobile network. I removed the battery and it fixed it. Also noticed calls don't come in during that time either.
    11-11-07 06:04 PM
    I dont remember who said this. They actually have it in their siggy but it says

"hwne in doubt, pull it out"

The battery that is.. fixes many problems..
    Same thing has happened to me but after the anti panic medication set in I did a battery pull and life was bright again lol..
    11-11-07 07:43 PM
    I meant to write "When in doubt....
    11-11-07 07:43 PM
    well i've had it since mid sept and it has been fine up until the other day, but i did remove the battery and it's back to normal now..
    11-12-07 01:17 AM
    Keeps happening with me too...Battery pull is the mother of all solutions....
    11-12-07 09:51 AM
    Actually I've had it happen to many non-BB phone on AT&T/Cingular. I just thought it was just heavy network traffic like during the evacuation down here in '05 (yes you get a strong signal but can not dial out). I wait a couple of minutes and its ok.
    However I am glad to know that if it does happen for an extended period (and there are no problems in the area) a battery pull would do the trick!
    11-12-07 10:05 AM
    I don't know how prevalent the problem is but my first curve worked perfectly for 2 weeks then it periodically would delete all my calender appointments, my 2 one worked fine for about 30 minutes until it started rebooting every 5 minutes and the one (3RD) I have now works great except for having to do battery pulls regularly. I have been contacted by a couple other owners that have this problem but just put up with it. I don't know if I'm going to try number 4 or not. I've got this one all set up and hate to start all over.
    Fico was right about one thing, you don't know you have the problem until you try to make a call. When mine locks up it sows full Edge and 5 bars but just no calls can go out or come in. Like he said, straight to Voice mail

now number 5
    Sim replaced 3 times
    Well I am now on number 5. Went to the ATT store yesterday with the problem. I ask the mgr not to do a battery pull as I do not feel that is a fix. It is a crap way to get rid of me. The only thing that fixes mine is a battery pull. i do not have wifi and cycling the connections does not fix it. Mine lost it yesterday and was out for hours while I went to ATT. The store people were great and understand but got an *** at customer service. His answer, DO A BATTERY PULL. The problem is everything looks fine until you go to use it. My solution is don't take it in Target, don't take it in Home Depot, don't take it in grocery, that is crap. ATT cannot get mine back in service without a battery pull. So yesterday that is what the mgr. had to do. Tech support told them that my account on there end was set up to go direct to voicemail. Thats there last two excuses.
    Well got up this morning and you got it CALL FAILED and all calls direct to voice mail. It is NOT set up that way in phone options!!!! Anyway locked up. So back to ATT store. They call tech support and literally argue with the tech. He wants a battery pull and after much arguing they do it. Walah, phone is fixed again. Thats five phones and I still don't have one that works. ATT store thinks it has something to do with my account on ATT's end. It's not a memory issue and this phone had no aftermarket software or setting changed. I started in November and it is January & 5 phones. What can I do. I have thought of just paying the early termination fee and biting the bullet. incidently my son handles the IT department at a fairly large company with nearly 300 curves. They have not had this kind of problem. HELP where can I go from here?
    01-31-08 09:49 AM
    just reset
    01-31-08 04:36 PM
    It happened to me on Tuesday evening ( from around 4:30 pm to 7:30pm)
    Everything else work, but not the voice ( Can't make phone call or receive phone call).

The stupid thing is I forgot to reboot the phone, untill I call AT&T cust service and they told me to pull out the battery .
    And that fixed it. Damn, Stupid me
    01-31-08 05:15 PM
    Happened to me twice. I only 'off' the mobile netwotk in 'Manage Connections' and turned it back on immediately. That solved the problem and no need to wait for reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-08 05:24 PM
    I can't believe you guys are willing to reset constantly and call it a day. My phone can be off for hours or indefinitely and I don't even know it until I try to make a call. A manage connections does not fix it. Try pulling the battery once a day and see how long the plastic battery door lasts. And then do you think RIM or ATT are going to say sorry you had to do that, heres a couple new doors for the future. They need to fix this!!!!!
    01-31-08 09:00 PM
    I can't believe you guys are willing to reset constantly and call it a day. My phone can be off for hours or indefinitely and I don't even know it until I try to make a call. A manage connections does not fix it. Try pulling the battery once a day and see how long the plastic battery door lasts. And then do you think RIM or ATT are going to say sorry you had to do that, heres a couple new doors for the future. They need to fix this!!!!!
    Seems to me that you're all having a great time with your BBs. mines got he same problem. Call failed, even unable to send and receive SMS. But the real horror comes when I use it in roaming. I works flawlessly when I'm in roaming in other countries. But when I'm back in my home network, I cannot use my BB for Voice and SMS.

Any ideas?

BTW, I already did Battery Pull, Handheld Wipe and Reload Firmware via my carrier.
    11-27-08 09:04 AM
    Please help, I have the same problem, it has happened before but now it has been intermittent for 24 hrs and as everyone else says, you only find out when you try to use it! I took it into the shop and it started working... anyone found a solution yet (other than a re-boot as this has now stopped working)? Thanks, Claire
    04-08-10 10:05 AM
    Sadly I got the same problem, as far I could find on the net everyone is clueless about what to do, the battery pull ONLY temporary fixes this problem, the funny part about this is I can use the phone for sms, messenger, etc... but not to make or receive a call LOL. I'm thinking about going back to my pearl which never had any of this problems..
    04-10-10 09:29 AM
    Hi need some help. BB curve, call failed, cant send or recieve text or recieve calls. all looks fine. got coverage etc. on orange network. says edge in right hand corner. battery pull not working and nothing happening when turn off mobile network and on again. can you help? what else can i do?

also services status says this....
    Mobile voice
    connection:not connected

also when i checked online on blackberrys site. it says my phone may have capabilities to have 2 numbers even though im only running one so ive to check that its only my number that is active... but how the heck do i do that???
    Last edited by gaillywailly; 05-30-10 at 12:43 PM. Reason: adding to post
    05-30-10 10:45 AM
    I recently had the same issue ONLY when I travelled to Czech Republic. No matter what network I used. I didn't receive phone calls nor sms. After I left Czech and returned to Germany everything was ok. This was really annoying as you can't see that it is not working but only when you try to call someone. turning connections on and off didn't work for me. only after pulling the battery it worked.
    07-11-10 08:50 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD