I use a BB 8310 curve in the company with a wireless synchronisation of my email (via lotus notes). All other information (calendar, notes, contacts, tasks) a have to sync with the desktop manager via USB, because I have that information only available in Microsoft Outlook 2003 and I won�t chance it.

My problem with the calendar sync is now the following:

I make the sync via Desktop Manager (~ 4280 entries) to the BB. After the sync everything is fine (~ 4280 entries in the BB) and I can work with the BB calendar as usual. But during the night the BB calendar lose more then 3600 entries. When I check the quantity of calendar entries in the �calendar � option� I see only ~560 entries in the BB.

What I can do now is to execute the sync via Desktop Manager again, but then the preferred sync direction wants to delete all the lost entries from the BB also in Outlook. So I had to make a new sync to change the rule for the sync direction to copy all lost entries again from Outlook to the BB. This Task took approximate 15 minutes. Based on that sync behaviour I feel like I am stuck in Groundhog Day. Every day the same ****.

Is there anybody out there who knows that problem and can give me some assistance to solve the issue?

Thanks
    Chris
    04-08-08 04:11 AM
    ****, it seems, that I'm the only pure user who has this problem

Maybe I try to get a firmware update for my BB.
    04-10-08 01:25 AM
    I don't know why our appointments are deleting. I once had a problem with my calendar...it literally just deleted all my entries. BBs have problematic calendars in my experience...wish we could get some answers!

So if I understand this correctly, you have over 4000 events in Outlook and only 500+ plus on your BB. If you want to keep the thousands of events, do a one-way sync from Outlook to BB (replacing entries all ready on device), then back up just your calendar with the Desktop Manager. If it happens again (does it keep happening?), just restore your calendar. I don't know for sure but I think it may be faster than syncing.

Have you tried a battery pull?
    04-10-08 10:07 AM
    The problem with one-way snyc and the solution with the backup data is, that I use my calender in der BB an in Outlook during the day concurrent.

What I will do now for a test again. I will perform the sync, than I make a full backup of the device and last but not least the battery pull.

On Monday I will know if that procedure will bring a solution.
    04-11-08 12:19 AM
    So now I tried the battery pull, but this didn't changed the situation. After day confusions on the BB, today everything is like before. It did the full-sync on Sunday and during the night the BB lost all entries (except 556). Today in the morning, I performed the sync again and the system had to transfer all lost entries again to the BB.
    And usually the BB keeps all entries for one day and I'm sure that the whole procedure will start again tomorrow in the morning.
    04-14-08 06:16 AM
    BlackBerrys are designed to automatically delete call logs, messages, and calendar entries when they run too low on memory. There is a chance that you are just adding too many entries to the device. Have you tried only syncing 1000 of your entries with the BB to see what happens?

I also have to ask, why in the world do you need over 4000 calendar entries stored on your BB at all times?
    04-14-08 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD