I've had a lot of trouble synching my calendar. I've replaced my device, re-installed Outlook, gone through the log and deleted rogue appointments to get past the "operation terminated unexpectedly" hurdle. Now i find that it is synching up some appointments from Outlook to BB but not others. It transfers some deleted appts to device but not others. And the same applies going the other way. I'm using desktop manager 4.7, outlook 2007, curve 8310. i've got it set to transfer future appointments for 100 days (that seemed to help at one point). It's taken hours of frustration, and I am very dependent on having an accurate calendar. I am on the point of chucking the BB and getting something more reliable.
    03-17-09 04:24 PM
    I've had a lot of trouble synching my calendar. I've replaced my device, re-installed Outlook, gone through the log and deleted rogue appointments to get past the "operation terminated unexpectedly" hurdle. Now i find that it is synching up some appointments from Outlook to BB but not others. It transfers some deleted appts to device but not others. And the same applies going the other way. I'm using desktop manager 4.7, outlook 2007, curve 8310. i've got it set to transfer future appointments for 100 days (that seemed to help at one point). It's taken hours of frustration, and I am very dependent on having an accurate calendar. I am on the point of chucking the BB and getting something more reliable.
    Blackberry calendars work great once you get them set up. First go to your phone's calendar and click the Blackberry button and scroll to options. You should only have your device default calendar listed.
    If there is another calendar listed then do the following: Go back to the main screen of the phone and Go to options>advanced options>service book and then scroll to see if you have a listing for CICAL. If you do, then scroll over it and hit your Blackberry Button and scroll to delete and click. Then sync with outlook and all should be good.
    Do this first and then someone else might be able to help if this does not work.
    03-17-09 04:50 PM
    thanks - I did find another calendar and removed it. When I synched (sanch?) it duplicated everything, so i cleared the calendar using advanced backup and restore, and resynched. finally seems to have worked, although there is an appointment in Outlook it just refuses to recognise. maybe it doesn't like the guy!
    03-17-09 07:14 PM
    I am having the same frustration. My 8300 will only sync recurring appts. and not daily ones. I have wiped the device, pulled the battery and still won't sync anything but recurring. I have an Ipaq that I am using for my reliance on accurate appointments until I can sort this out. Any other thoughts on this would be truly appreciated.
    03-17-09 07:49 PM
    When I first got my curve and setup my calendar to synch w/ outlook I had the same problem w/ everything duplicating. I manually deleted each of the dupes off my curve and it has never happened again when I synched. Maybe it's just an issue upon new setups?
    03-17-09 08:17 PM
    I've had the BB for nearly a year, and it started playing up a couple of months ago. maybe it was the change in season. I had the device replaced about a month ago. It certainly doesn't compare well to other smartphone devices i've used - sony ericsson, imate. And it's not a patch on the PDAs i've used. It's only just above the original Palm Pilot.

I just re-synced. Got nearly all of them, but it still treats 2 or 3 appointments randomly - picking up ones i've deleted, deleting one i reinstated, and it still completely ignores a recurring entry. Totally random, 97% OK but like most of us, i need 100% reliability on my calendar.
    03-17-09 11:35 PM
    4.7 has some issues with that. Try 4.6 and do the wipe of events and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD