Last week I experienced a problem synchronizing my Verizon BB Curve 8330, Calendar with my Outlook 2007 Calendar. I found a posting that said to remove all CICAL entries under Advanced Options - Service Book and under Default Services. I did this and the sync worked perfect.
    Today, I received a Facebook update and then when I went to sync it wanted to delete all my calendar entries. I canceled the sync and now it just doesn't sync the calendar. I checked as stated above for CICAL entries, but I have none.
    I am frustrated to say the least. I depend on Outlook and BB for scheduling appointments. My BB Desktop is v5.0.
    Please help... [email protected]
    09-18-09 09:43 PM
    What is the exact error that you get?
    09-18-09 09:45 PM
    I receive no error. In the log On 9/18/2009 10:15 PM
    Synchronize Device MemoPad with Microsoft Outlook Notes

First System: Device
    Second System: Microsoft Outlook
    Second System File Name: MemoPad
    Conflict Resolution: Device Wins

Input From First System:

Total Inputs From First System: 0

Input From Second System:

READ "<Unspecified>"
    READ "<Unspecified>"
    READ "<Unspecified>"
    READ "<Unspecified>"
    READ "<Unspecified>"
    READ "<Unspecified>"
    Etc....

Even after changing config...still doesn't recognize calendar.
    09-18-09 09:49 PM
    Assuming your Outlook was up to date, one option is to go under the advanced section of the Backup/Restore in 5.0, go to the DB "Calendar - All" AND "Calendar" and clear each of them. Then re-sync. Not sure that will help the log file issue of the memo pad, might want to clear that one and resync. I'm no pro though, but that's a concept that has been working for me when I have an issue. Just clear the DB and resync it. But that is only good if your outlook was up to date to start with. If you had appts that hadn't synced with outlook yet, then you would lose those. You take the risk with clearing stuff out, but it's just an idea.

Other concept would be to go to the BB website and click on Technical Support Knowledge base, and enter the log file you are referencing above and see if they have a cause/solution for it that way. Just my 2 cents.
    09-18-09 09:54 PM
    This function will delete the entries in my calendar on the device? And if it doesn't correct the problem, my device is empty?
    09-18-09 10:05 PM
    I cleared the calendar entries only to have it do what I thought would happen. It deleted everything and then still not sync with Outlook. I am in the process of restoring from an automatic back-up. I know Facebook is the culprit. When is Verizon getting the iphone?
    09-19-09 10:44 AM
    Shouldn't have to do a complete restore. In the advanced screen, go to file, open, and select your last back up. Then just replace the calendar entries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 12:32 PM
    I am sorry... that is what I did.
    09-19-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD