Having an issue with my calendar. When I enter & save an appointment it disappears after aprox 30-45 minutes. 8330 BB Curve, version 4.5.169.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Jeff
    12-06-09 02:49 PM
    Is that all you are seeing? Just lost appointments? That could be a symptom of low file free memory, but usually there are other symptoms as well. Check your Options / Status / File Free. Anything less than 10 000 000 bytes and you need to perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig.
    12-06-09 04:14 PM
    Thanks for the response, I have 39 919 973 bytes free. calendar issue is the only problem I am having, able to save other items such as phone numbers etc...
    Jeff
    12-06-09 05:27 PM
    Are your appointments disappearing after you sync with another program, or are they simply disappearing from your BlackBerry? Is the time consistent?
    12-06-09 05:39 PM
    no they are disappearing randomly, I am not syncing (sp) the time is aproximate, have been testing by entering an appointment and checking aprox every 5-10 minutes to see when it disappears. This problem was noted about 3 days ago just after I updated the BB app world but this may have been a coincidence, have deleted app world since & problem persists.
    12-06-09 09:35 PM
    I have App World installed and have not seen any disappearing appointments, but I am also a BES user, so that's not a valid comparison. Have you recently updated your OS or changed themes?
    12-06-09 10:00 PM
    upgraded to latest desktop manager version this afternoon. No change in themes, ringtones anything
    12-06-09 10:16 PM
    Are you using any 3rd party PIM software? Agendus, Pocket Informant? Do you use Facebook with your calendar?
    12-06-09 11:07 PM
    No other software. I do have facebook with the calendar.
    12-07-09 10:30 AM
    BlackBerry devices don't delete appointments unless they are in a low memory situation. That doesn't apply in your case. If Facebook is the only app that's accessing your calendar, then it's almost certainly the culprit. Check your Facebook settings and see if you can find an obvious fix. If you don't, then delete Facebook and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you can make an informed decision whether to continue using it or not. I don't use it and can't help you with settings.
    12-07-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD