I was wondering why when I try to make an appointment it only gives me the times from 9am to 5 pm? I was trying to put it in for seven? Is there a better calendar app then the default one on bb? If so could someone post alink to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 09:44 AM
    Go into your calendar options and you can set the start/end times for the typical day you want. Just make both times equal to midnight and you'll get the full 24 hours available.
    01-15-09 09:46 AM
    Go into your calendar options and you can set the start/end times for the typical day you want. Just make both times equal to midnight and you'll get the full 24 hours available.
    Thank you good sir! I was also wondering this myself.
    01-15-09 10:25 AM
    Wooooot thank you.

01-15-09 10:28 AM
    I was wondering why when I try to make an appointment it only gives me the times from 9am to 5 pm? I was trying to put it in for seven? Is there a better calendar app then the default one on bb? If so could someone post alink to it.

I was a bit stumped by that at first too . . . BUT, you can make an appointment for *after* 5pm by *highlighting* (hover trackball over) the date of the appointment (e.g. Jan. 15) *click* menu>new . . . and then where it says:

Start:
    Thu. Jan 15, 2009 5:00 PM

You simply roll your trackball over the hour - change it from "5" to "7" through your keyboard (if you need minutes it's the same).

Hit the "exit" (i.e., arrow key) which will save the appointment.

When you go to view your calendar, the calendar display will simply "jump over" or "skip" 6pm to show 7pm and your appointment - assuming you don't have any appointments scheduled *between* 5pm and 7pm.
    01-15-09 10:34 AM
    I think it's user choice between Spinny's method and the one I posted.

Spinny's way shows you the time entries from 5pm to 7pm . . . but often those may not HAVE appointments in them (and you scroll right past).

My way, the appointment at 7pm is shown (without showing a blank slot for 6pm) and you don't have to scroll past.

If you have LOTS of evening appointments, you might prefer to set the calendar to display after 5pm . . . if you have *fewer* evening appointments you migh prefer to keep the "standard" 9 to 5 view.
    01-15-09 10:38 AM
    I use a program called Pocket Informant. I love it.
    Here is the link: PIBB

01-15-09 10:45 AM
    Absolutely, it's a matter of choice. It's actually a little annoying to me when have to scroll past the early morning hours before I get to see an appointment, but I set the start/stop times back when I was fighting with getting all-day appointments to work correctly and once they worked I left well enough alone.
    01-15-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD