I am a MotoQ to Crackberry convert. I love the Today Theme, mainly for the calendar events being displayed. I too was having an issue with events not properly displaying on the home screen. After much frustration, backing up and wiping my phone, and numberous calls to BB support... I finally noticed something.

The events on the home screen displayed properly after I wiped my phone and reinstalled everything. THEN... I relinked my email accounts. This is exactly when the calendar events started not displaying again. (A deleted event would even remain on the home screen until I switched themes back-and-forth or rebooted my phone.)

This issue IS tied to the fact that when you add/link email accounts, the calendar always wants to associate an event with a linked email address. If you have email accounts linked to your phone, there is no way to set up a calendar event without it being linked to an email address.

THE SOLUTION:
    1. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Book
    2. You will see 2 items listed for every email account you have linked.
    3. Click on one of the email items to view its Service Record.
    4. DELETE the email item that has CICAL listed for CID.
    5. DO NOT delete the email item that has CMIME listed for CID.
    6. Do this for every email account you see listed there.

After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.
    My story in a nut shell. Phone died. So I resent my service books and turned back on my mobile network. As I turned it back on I notice in the back ground my appointments vanished from the today theme on my phone.
    So I do a search and I find THIS to fix my problem.
    But, now I have another problem. My alarms are not going off for my appointments. Any suggestions?
    04-15-09 12:23 AM
    I been doing research and I'm still not to find out how to fix this problem. Has anyone else done their research or know how to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD