I use my BB Curve to accept new requests for work. I am looking to see if there is a way to have the calendar request 'embedded' within the email coming to my BB?

With Outlook Calendar, you can 'attach or embed' the request and it automatically will check your schedule etc.

Can you do this with the BB?
    11-13-08 09:59 PM
    I get meeting requests regularly on my 8830. I can accept, decline, or tentatively accept them. The Calendar screen shows me whether the proposed meeting conflicts with another meeting or not. I don't know what "attach or embed" means in this context. We're using Outlook 2003. Are you using Outlook 2007?
    11-13-08 10:36 PM
    JeffH

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using Outlook 2003 and am aware that I can do all of that within Outlook.

I am curious if there is a way to do that in the blackberry itself? I get a lot of request that I have to switch to the calendar and go back to the email to confirm etc. I was hoping there was a way that I could do the 'accept/decline' as I would in Outlook on the Curve itself?
    11-25-08 02:25 PM
    That's what I meant by my post. I can accept/decline/tentatively accept meeting requests from my BlackBerry. Are you a BES user? If so, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do the same thing.
    11-25-08 03:16 PM
    Not sure what BES user is? I am told by my carrier that I cant do what it is I am looking to do. The office that sends all of these requests do it to Outlook but are unware of how to do so thru to the Blackberry.
    11-26-08 10:40 AM
    JeffH...sorry I checked and I am not using the Blackberry Enterprise Server. Will have to check with my carrier.
    11-26-08 10:53 AM
    JeffH...sorry I checked and I am not using the Blackberry Enterprise Server. Will have to check with my carrier.
    That probably explains the difference. I've never used a BlackBerry that wasn't on BES, so I don't always know what the differences are. Functions that I assume are in all blackberries are sometimes restricted to BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD