I am using a theme from the standard 8300 BB Dimension Today. I canot tget my calendar items for the day to display in the window. I used to have them displayed then deactivated the phone. Reactivated and gone I can see the calendar when in applications but nothing on the window.
    04-13-09 06:22 AM
    Are you running 4.5? If so, go to a calendar event and select it. Scroll up and you will see "Send Using" and an email account. Now go to Options, Advanced, Default Services. Change the default calendar email address to the one found above.
    04-13-09 07:22 AM
    I am using a theme from the standard 8300 BB Dimension Today. I canot tget my calendar items for the day to display in the window. I used to have them displayed then deactivated the phone. Reactivated and gone I can see the calendar when in applications but nothing on the window.
    Did you do device switch wizard when changing devices?

More likely you default service for CICAL(Calendar) got changed. You remember what email address they were added with?

Go to Options>Advance> Default Services.
    04-13-09 07:27 AM
    Sorry to hijack your thread, but I am having the same issue. I'm using today+ theme. I just upgrade to 4.5, and no events are listed. All of my calendar events have "Device Default" as the Send To.

When viewing the calendar, I go to options, and it lists 3 calendars

1. Device Default
    2. Email1 (work email)
    3. Email2 (sprint.blackberry.net email)

But when going to Advanced Options -> Default Services, it only has two options, which are Email1 and Email2. It has Email2 (sprint.blackberry.net email) selected to be default.

Do I need to change the Send To on all of my calendar events?
    04-13-09 07:39 AM
    Make sure Outlook is fully up to date the way you want, this will later be synchronized with the device. But we want to make sure we got want you want all setup on the PC.

Hit the Advanced button in the Back Up and Restore feature. You will see a side-by-side list of Databases, one for Desktop File and one for Device. The desktop file refers to any backup file you may have previously created. I recommend you first create a backup file. Then you can scroll down the list of Device Databases and clear the "Calendar" and "Calendar All" databases. Now reset your Sync Configuration for a one way sync from Outlook to Device and synchronize. Now everything should be fixed. Reset your sync configuration for 2-way sync for the future.
    04-13-09 07:51 AM
    Make sure Outlook is fully up to date the way you want, this will later be synchronized with the device. But we want to make sure we got want you want all setup on the PC.

Hit the Advanced button in the Back Up and Restore feature. You will see a side-by-side list of Databases, one for Desktop File and one for Device. The desktop file refers to any backup file you may have previously created. I recommend you first create a backup file. Then you can scroll down the list of Device Databases and clear the "Calendar" and "Calendar All" databases. Now reset your Sync Configuration for a one way sync from Outlook to Device and synchronize. Now everything should be fixed. Reset your sync configuration for 2-way sync for the future.
    Thank you for this. I will give this a try when I get home today. Out of curiosity, do you know how the calendar may have been set like this during the upgrade?
    04-13-09 07:59 AM
    The upgrade process removes all the calendar entries from the Blackberry, the reloaded them, each associated with "Device Default" instead of with any particular email/calendar account. The "Today" theme won't show these. I am not 100% sure but since the email addresses are removed from the device during upgrade process and the device re links the service books for the email accounts this maybe why the calendar entries get put in device default.

A somewhat complicated fix might be required if you have a lot of appointments in your calendar. See, for example:
    BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Re: Calendar Appointments not showing in Dimension Today Theme view? - BlackBerry 8800 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-13-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD