hey there guys after all the positive feedback's from the people on this forum that have purchased their trackballs on cnn.cn i decided to give it a shot and bought 3 plain OEM trackballs with the silver rings a few days ago. then after last night i stumbled across this thread on the BB Bold's forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/tru...cnn-cn-266819/

I just wanted to know one thing. are the plain "OEM" trackballs i ordered on cnn actually OEM or just some knock off? and am i actually getting the right parts for it? like getting the silver rings instead of some other colored ring? i'm kind of regretting spending 40 bucks on trackballs when it could be some knock off's. and also how do you tell if its OEM?
    07-16-09 02:45 PM
    I'm sorry if this isn't helpful in advanced since it's not the plain white "OEM" trackball. But I recently purchased a blue, and a black "OEM" trackball replacement. I have yet to try the black trackball but my blue one is not as responsive as the original one. The horizontal movement is fine, but I couldn't scroll down that well. I had to end up setting the vertical sensitivity to 80. It took some getting used to but I'll take the small performance sacrifice for the look.

- I have seen other threads and people say it is the rollers under the trackball that are different on the ones from cnn.cn.
    -Some people have claimed to replace the individual rollers and still use a colored "OEM" trackball and it works like new.

Hope this helps somewhat.
    Frank
    07-16-09 02:56 PM
    i shop at everything4blackberry.com i havnt had any problems yet with them
    07-18-09 03:21 AM
    eBay seller mobilexny sells OEM trackballs with rings for less than $5 with free first class shipping from NY, USA. You could've saved a lot of $$$ and got them in a a few days.
    07-18-09 03:41 AM
    Well it looks like I'm on my way to ebay right now.

To keep on point. Best of luck with your balls man. (No pun intended)........(K. Maybe a little)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 03:51 AM
    You can get very good quality trackballs in many color at DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1). They are US$3.85 with free worldwide shipping. Just search on Blackberry Trackball and scroll down the screen. I have the green one in my Curve right now and it is the smoothest trackball I have ever used. I bought a blue one from tech-zone4world that was crap (never worked right) and one from an ebay seller that worked but was hard to install and not smooth. The DX ones are good and low cost. They just drop in as they should and so far I have been a very happy camper.
    07-18-09 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD