Has anyone ever purchased any blackberry for that matter on ebay and then had warranty issues? How does this work? Or r you just screwed? Its just way cheaper than buying directly with alltel considering my contract is not up! Any info would be great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 05:57 PM
    I just bought a BB curve on Ebay and purchased a one year warranty through SquareTrade for $24. They also gave me the option to add an additional year of coverage for another $12.
    07-09-09 06:11 PM
    Really? thats great thanks! I guess I don't know much about that? How do you do that?

07-09-09 06:15 PM
    After you purchase on Ebay, go to SquareTrade.com, click Get A Quote, and put in your Ebay ID. SquareTrade will offer you a warranty on your purchased item.
    07-09-09 09:53 PM
    I didn't accept the warranty offer (silly me) but I did purchase two bbs from eBay and they were both fine. Good luck!
    07-09-09 10:49 PM
    Check craigslist I got my used 8320 for $100.
    07-10-09 02:26 AM
    I've bought five curved on ebay and they cost me between $140 and $160 each. They have all worked perfectly fine. Only advice, if you buying used, make sure you ask previous owner to clear their email, pin and IMEI from their old service provider. This will allow you to setup ur phone with no hassle.

07-10-09 07:26 AM
    I've bought 2 on ebay. One had a broken micro sd card holder/slot and paypal instantly refunded me. My computer wouldn't recognize the second one but after going thru Sprint tech support, they swapped it out with no problem. Even knowing I bought it on ebay.

I'd prefer to buy locally and do a swap in the store to make sure everything was kopasetic, but that hasn't worked out. Still, it is nice knowing that (provided the ESN is clear) even with ebay ones I've still been ok.
    07-10-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD