While my Curve is in my pocket the buttons always keep getting pressed. Is there a way to make my Curve lock its keypad by default when the screen fades out? Like a regular bar phone does?

The bad thing about hotkeying the keypad lock app is...
    lets say im looking at my curve, and i put it down on the table.
    then im ready to go somewhere. instead of just sticking it in my pocket, i have to turn the keypad lock on, which i will prolly forget to do.

or is there a downloadable app that automatically locks the keypad when your not using it?
    08-06-08 01:37 PM
    Disable dialing from the home screen - Press K. Or press the the top button. You can do these with your eyes closed!
    08-06-08 01:40 PM
    Holding down ALT and the enter key does the same as the keypad lock. Or hold down the mute button on the top of the device to put it in standby, which locks keypad and saves battery.
    08-06-08 01:41 PM
    08-06-08 01:43 PM
    my point was try to find something allows me to lock the keypad without me having to do it manually

well i found one: AutoLock

it can be downloaded here:
    geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    08-06-08 01:43 PM
    my point was try to find something allows me to lock the keypad without me having to do it manually

well i found one: AutoLock

it can be downloaded here:
    geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    Why'd you ask then if you did a search yourself?
    08-06-08 01:45 PM
    Yeah I guess I didn't understand the question. Oh well...glad you found something!
    08-06-08 01:50 PM
    I found Autolock to be a pain to use. When you hit the keys, it does not always unlock. I now use AutoStandby which is available for $4.95 in the CrackBerry store and has just about tripled my battery life as well. It is also a one button soution.
    08-06-08 02:07 PM
    I found Autolock to be a pain to use. When you hit the keys, it does not always unlock. I now use AutoStandby which is available for $4.95 in the CrackBerry store and has just about tripled my battery life as well. It is also a one button soution.
    I'm using AutoStandby as well, and it definitely works as advertised. It took me a little to get used to as I didn't realize how much I'd check it while it was locked to see what the time was... but now I'm getting used to the little mute button on the top.
    08-06-08 02:13 PM
    Just press the standby key on the top of your curve. No buttons can be pressed until you take it out of standby. Works like a charm. It will automatically come out if you get a call too.
    08-06-08 02:22 PM
    I love the Standby button on the top of the Curve. I works so well. It automatically comes out of standby when you get a call or take it out of the leather pouch.
    08-06-08 02:50 PM
    LOTS of different fixes!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 02:54 PM
    Don't carry your berry in your pocket!
    08-06-08 03:03 PM
    how do i lock the keyboard when listening to music?
    08-22-09 05:02 PM
    I love the standy/mute button that's on the top of the phone. While in my pocket before standby use, I was posting on facebook, calling friends, adding contacts all while in my pocket. I had several voicemails a day from friends with just laughter saying "your pocket called me again"
    08-22-09 05:41 PM
    After getting a few of those "your **** called me again" phone calls I started using standby a lot more. Now its just an automatic reflex when I put my phone away to hit standby. Really helps with battery life too!
    No app needed

08-22-09 06:20 PM
    Why is it that "b u t t dialing" is now a fairly well known phrase due to the BB flip phone commercials but it can't be said here because its offensive?! To who?! Jeeeeez!

08-22-09 06:22 PM
    how do i lock the keyboard when listening to music?
    I have my left convenience key set to lock the keyboard and just press that to lock it
    08-23-09 03:24 PM
    I used to use the mute button when I first got my curve until I found it coming out of standby and making calls when in the leather hip case. Since then, I've had the left convenience key bound to keyboard lock.

Think I'll give mute a try again as I would like to get that key back, my right side convenience is set to the task switcher.

Russ.
    08-23-09 04:41 PM
    As mentioned by others the little standby button on top of the fone saves battery life and keeps your fone from accidently dialing numbers or from buttons just getting pressed I did not need anything else.

08-23-09 06:01 PM
    I use the standby button on the top of my curve, it takes 2 seconds to hit and it becomes instinct. I do it so much it doesn't become a pain anymore.
    08-23-09 06:21 PM
    Don't carry your berry in your pocket!
    IS the blackberry known for having problems if you carry it in your pocket? I'm on my 2nd one and the * and # buttons are stuck. Makes it unusable.
    08-24-09 10:50 AM
    The Blackberry trackball is very susceptible to gathering lint and grit, especially from being carried unprotected in pockets.
    08-24-09 11:14 AM
    I tried switching over to the standby method yesterday and have gone back to the keyboard lock this morning. I set by berry to auto power off and on at night, this (as you would expect) leaves it out of standby when it turns on again.

08-24-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD