Hi Folks,

I have a AT&T 8300. The plastic piece surrounding the trackball has become loose and often falls off allowing the trackball to fall out. My question is, would well place glue hold this in place? If not should i try one of the 100's of cell phone repair shops to get a new trackball and plastic piece? I have no insurance so its either one of those options. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this or what i should do please let me know. I have an upgrade in Jan and will be getting a Bold or maybe a Curve 2 if it is out but i need this one to last until then. Will super glue fry circuits?

Thanks!
    08-23-09 08:13 PM
    You would be better off just getting a new ring. I forget the site that has them, but I believe that it is some place in Canada or a Canadian website.
    08-23-09 08:17 PM
    Go to ebay and order one.. There only like a dollar for the ring, and like 3 for the ring and trackball
    08-23-09 08:20 PM
    Cnn.ca has them but I have ordered them from ebay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 08:26 PM
    Cnn.ca has them but I have ordered them from ebay.

No offense but i wouldnt reccomend ordering from CNN.CA, unless you want to wait 2 years to get your product, seeing as how they are a company located out of the country.
    08-23-09 08:28 PM
    thanks everyone. I orderd a red trackball and ring from blackberryTrackballs.com. it was a decent price with fast shipping. Probably the best option, much better than gluing it. Didnt realize how cheap these things are.
    08-23-09 08:53 PM
    Glad you got one ordered...fwiw the repair shops charge about $15 for a trackball and ring installed.

08-24-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD