My keys are a little loose... Other than that, no build quality issues what so ever. I still love my curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-07 08:49 PM
    I hate the loose keyboard on the 8300 and the squeaking!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 11:37 PM
    You guys that are complaining about the little rattle, quit being so paranoid. Pop off the cover and the battery. Hold the micro sd card area firmly and shake. You will probably hear nothing anymore. Due to the way the microsd card slot is set up, most people will hear some rattling. Odds are that your replacement will also have the problem. Make sure that the sd card is locked and if it really, really bothers you, wedge something in there like a folded piece of paper so it wont rattle as much...and relax, a rattle that can only be heard while putting it against your ear isn't that big of a deal.

And please, don't hit yourself in the head when checking for the noise.
    05-24-08 04:11 AM
    I solved this problem I had with the creaking by taking off the bottom cover, where the carrier logo is, and placing it back on. I did also slightly remove the faceplate, on the left side, when I reseated it the whole unit did not creak anymore. By the way, the rattle that you hear is most likely the keyboard, it has a bit of give so the keys don't get caught down, but unfortunatly the keypad is sorta free floating which is the biggest issue.
    05-29-08 11:08 AM
    I like the quality of the 8800 much better than the curve, the 8800 is a solid built phone. I looked at the 8300 and it look as though in time with normal usage the rubber sides will wear out in addition, to color fading.
    Agreed, the 8800 series are better built, but I prefer the tactile feedback of the Curve's keyboard. That little extra click and the full separation of keys allows me to type much faster.
    05-29-08 11:12 AM
    I must say that the GSM curves seem alot less solid than the Verizon curve... they do look a little flimsy... the cdma curve is solid and has a tiny bit of weight to it, just enough to make it feel oh so nice in hand..
    05-29-08 11:22 AM
    My Verizon Curve feels pretty solid. No rattling or loose sounds when shaking. I did notice that the cover over the battery did indent a little when the center is depressed. From another post, someone suggested cutting a business card to about the size of the battery and placing it under the cover on top of the battery. Seems to have solved the depression concerns on the cover. IF cut correctly, your phone contact numbers are there in the phone battery compartment and available should the phone be lost or misplaced.
    05-29-08 04:04 PM
    Um go live with a Treo and then come back talking about quality issues... :P
    05-29-08 06:08 PM
    I don't know, I'm going to have to say that my 8330 is built better than my 8830. My 8830 felt solid for about 2 weeks, then the side panels and the bottom portion of the battery cover started to creak like crazy. My 8330 doesn't make any noises what so ever. I will say the keyboard on my 8830 is much better.

2 things, my 8830 was made in Mexico where my 8330 was made in Canada.
    05-29-08 06:23 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD