I switched Autoanswer to off but the phone still answers automaticlly when using bluetooth.

Is there any solution?
    05-08-09 06:06 PM
    Are you sure you saved the setting when you changed it? If you did, try a battery pull. I'm not aware of any bug that causes a bluetooth headset to autoanswer.
    05-08-09 09:56 PM
    Is there a way I can get my phone to autoanswer when I take it out of the holster?
    05-08-09 10:03 PM
    Is there a way I can get my phone to autoanswer when I take it out of the holster?
    Green phone button / Options / General Options / Auto Answer Calls / Out of Holster.

"Out of Holster" means if your phone is IN the holster when a call comes in, and you TAKE IT OUT, it will answer. If the phone is OUT of the holster when the call comes it, it will not answer.
    05-08-09 10:06 PM
    Are you sure you saved the setting when you changed it? If you did, try a battery pull. I'm not aware of any bug that causes a bluetooth headset to autoanswer.
    Yep I am absolutely sure I even tried it 4 times
    05-08-09 10:14 PM
    Any other suggestions, please!!!!!
    05-11-09 02:18 PM
    Have you deleted the device and re-paired it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 02:24 PM
    Have you deleted the device and re-paired it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I believe I did.

Will try it again now and reply
    05-11-09 02:30 PM
    Deleted and re-paired device but still the same; automatically connects when receiving a call
    05-11-09 02:41 PM
    I suppose it is possible that your headset is designed to work that way. Just because I've never heard of it doesn't mean it can't be. Have you checked the manual or the FAQ for the device?
    05-11-09 03:18 PM
    I suppose it is possible that your headset is designed to work that way. Just because I've never heard of it doesn't mean it can't be. Have you checked the manual or the FAQ for the device?
    I have used my laptop with other phones before, but this has never happened
    05-11-09 03:25 PM
    might be the headset like mentioned, have you tried pairing with another BT device?
    05-11-09 03:25 PM
    I have used my laptop with other phones before, but this has never happened
    Now I'm really baffled. What does your laptop have to do with it? I assumed you were pairing a Bluetooth headset to a BlackBerry device.
    05-11-09 03:32 PM
    Now I'm really baffled. What does your laptop have to do with it? I assumed you were pairing a Bluetooth headset to a BlackBerry device.
    Sorry for the confusion; I am using my Curve with a Vista laptop.

I paired and connected the devices and can send and receive calls. The only thing is that incoming calls connect automatically, the phone doesn't even ring.
    05-11-09 03:40 PM
    You are not using a Bluetooth headset at all? You paired your Curve with a Vista laptop for unspecified reasons, and as a result your Curve now autoanswers calls. Is that correct? If yes, what happens when the laptop is powered off? What is the purpose of the Bluetooth pairing between the laptop and the Curve? If not correct, what Bluetooth headset are you using?
    05-11-09 03:51 PM
    You are not using a Bluetooth headset at all? You paired your Curve with a Vista laptop for unspecified reasons, and as a result your Curve now autoanswers calls. Is that correct? If yes, what happens when the laptop is powered off? What is the purpose of the Bluetooth pairing between the laptop and the Curve? If not correct, what Bluetooth headset are you using?
    I work from home and spend most of my time on a laptop. I receive a lot of phone calls too.

When the laptop is off or I am out of the house my BT headset and/or car kit is automatically detected and connected, but in these situations I do have the option of answering or not.

The issues is only occurring while connected to the laptop.
    05-11-09 03:58 PM
    I'm sorry, but it seems most likely that your problem is caused by your laptop. I have a Vista laptop, but don't have bluetooth, so I can't try to replicate your setup. I've never heard of the scenario you describe with a Bluetooth headset and a BlackBerry.
    05-11-09 04:06 PM
    I'm sorry, but it seems most likely that your problem is caused by your laptop. I have a Vista laptop, but don't have bluetooth, so I can't try to replicate your setup. I've never heard of the scenario you describe with a Bluetooth headset and a BlackBerry.
    OK Thanks a lot
    05-11-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD