So I've had my VZW Curve for about a year now - for the most part I'm happy with it - however I find browsing with it beyond frustrating and annoying.

Am I the only one that feels the browsing experience is just horrible with the Curve on VZW? I'll admit I've been looking at the iPhone and may consider switching when my contract is up next April (unless VZW gets the iPhone by then).

I mostly use my BB for emails (about 5 different ones) - both work and personal - and web browsing (which is just annoying for me at this point).

I'm also having some issues with just overall laggy'ness on my Curve - apps taking forever to open or close - a reboot takes probably 2-3 minutes to complete. The BB App World site is just slow as molasses for me. I do regular battery pulls and my Curve is not infested with 100 different apps.

Maybe I just don't my Curve set up correctly for a good browsing experience and someone here could suggest optimal settings? Maybe the upcoming "Tour" will work better? I thought about the Storm - however it seems like it has it's own list of issues.

Any suggestions/ideas?
    Last edited by Oj467; 05-19-09 at 09:29 AM.
    05-19-09 09:24 AM
    Yes I'm on 4.5 (have been for a while now) - I'll investigate the Tour - hopefully it'll be out soon on VZW.
    05-19-09 09:31 AM
    How do you have your browser configured? I use mine with Javascript off, and the lower 2 options are also unchecked, and browser pages load pretty quickly in decent coverage.

3-5 minutes is fairly normal for a full restart. No getting around that easily, so not out of the ordinary there.

App World still has issues, I get all of what I need without it. Not knocking it, just not a necessary thing for me.

Are you using the full CB site on your Curve? Try the mobile version, m.crackberry.com, or may still have a link at wap.crackberry.com. When you load the CB launcher, most of the unneeded images and art is bypassed, and posting is easier by far. There is also a place to do this download on the main site homepage, but I haven't seen that in a long time. It also gives you a color changeable launch icon for your desktop.

I hope these ideas help. Any questions, just let us know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD