Hi. I have a Curve 8330 (new to BBs). My browser doesn't seem to work well. I can connect to websites, but if the site has links to navigate to a different page, they don't seem to work. The BB looks like it's loading the page but when it's finished, I'm still in the same place I was before. Some links do work. For example, crackberry.com - I can't login. I can view some of the threads. I can't go to the ringtones. This happens with other websites too. Any ideas??

Thanks much!
    12-25-08 03:23 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Browser is a great feature but is can sometimes be a little confusing getting everything working correctly.

The first think to check is your Browser type. Open Browser, press Menu and select Options / Browser Configuration. It should be set to Internet Browser. If not, a further setting change will correct it.

Everything in this page can be set on. Some are optional like Background images, but to begin, set them ON.

Browser / Options / General Properties:

This is where you can change Browser type. The setting for Default View can be selected for your prefered choice. Automatic or Page view work best for most sites. If you select Column view, make the setting to enable the cursor.

Try a known good web site, Google is a good test subject. If everything works correctly, try other sites too.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-25-08 at 03:59 PM.
    12-25-08 03:48 PM
    Thank you. I changed all the settings as recommended. But when I switch to auto or page view the page is so tiny I can't read it at all. So I stuck with column, unless there's a way to fix the liliputian view?
    12-25-08 08:20 PM
    I generally use column view. If you use page view, it should magnify a little if you click on it, but you won't get a true web page, the pages convert to a mobile view. Some people who dislike the mobile like Opera Mini. Go to operamini dot com and download a copy and give it a try.

One thing to do after making changes is a reset, press alt - right shift - delete.

Also, here are good browser settings for the BlackBerry browser:
    Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD