Hello, I had this problem on my curve and found the solution, and wanted to share.

One day for no apparent reason the browser icon vanished from my Curve. I called Verizon and they helped me fix it. This is what I did:

1) From Options, go to Advanced Options, then Host Routing Table
    2) Choose Menu then Register Now
    3) Back to Options, then Service Table
    4) Delete the entry for Browser, then click Menu and click Undelete
    5) Take the battery out, wait a minute, put it back in

This fixed the issue on my Curve
    12-29-08 10:27 AM
    Literally the exact same thing happened to me today.

Just tried it and it worked. Thanks for posting this.
    12-30-08 03:06 PM
    same thing happened to me today also. worked like a charm except all i did was just up to the register now part. i didn't see the "service table" in my options menu...weird.
    12-30-08 03:37 PM
    Hello, I had this problem on my curve and found the solution, and wanted to share.

One day for no apparent reason the browser icon vanished from my Curve. I called Verizon and they helped me fix it. This is what I did:

1) From Options, go to Advanced Options, then Host Routing Table
    2) Choose Menu then Register Now
    3) Back to Options, then Service Table
    4) Delete the entry for Browser, then click Menu and click Undelete
    5) Take the battery out, wait a minute, put it back in

This fixed the issue on my Curve
    Same thing. Where do I find Service Table?
    12-30-08 07:43 PM
    Service books, not table. its under options, advanced...
    12-30-08 07:45 PM
    Service books, not table. its under options, advanced...
    Found Service Book, now which do I delete then undelete?
    12-30-08 07:52 PM
    You really dont have to undelete, once you register, you can resend the service books instead. Either thru the BIS website, or Manage internet email icon (also known as personal internet email) on some devvices, (either way, the envelope with the gear in front)
    12-30-08 07:54 PM
    You really dont have to undelete, once you register, you can resend the service books instead. Either thru the BIS website, or Manage internet email icon (also known as personal internet email) on some devvices, (either way, the envelope with the gear in front)
    Allright. Seems to be ok now, got an email saying I was registered, icon is back and browser is working now.

Thank you
    12-30-08 07:57 PM
    No problem
    12-30-08 08:06 PM
    had the same issue today. the BB browser was just suddenly gone. vanished. did the host routin table things and all is well now.

weird that we are both on verizon. must have been a vzw issue.
    12-30-08 09:42 PM
    Same thing happened to me as well...yesterday. Discovered it wen I tried to get some directions and it wouldn't let me. Weird. Followed directions above and everything is fine now.
    12-31-08 10:31 AM
    Everyone seems to have the same solution to the problem but what happens when "Host Routing Table" and hitting the menu button doesn't give you the option of anything except for "close."

WTF is up with that? I've tried battery pulls in hopes of getting the option up but nothing! Can anyone help me out?

P.S. The "menu button" is the rim symbol to the left of the trackball right
    12-31-08 05:27 PM
    Call VZW if you cannot get it working. They will. I did about 8 times today

Yes that is your menu button
    12-31-08 05:37 PM
    Everyone seems to have the same solution to the problem but what happens when "Host Routing Table" and hitting the menu button doesn't give you the option of anything except for "close."

WTF is up with that? I've tried battery pulls in hopes of getting the option up but nothing! Can anyone help me out?

P.S. The "menu button" is the rim symbol to the left of the trackball right
    You need to press the Enter key when Host Routing Table is highlighted, then press the Menu key to select Register Now.

Heh, I've done this so many times within the past few days to get my message notification LED to actually notify me when I have new messages that I didn't even notice if my browser icon made a disappearing act or not.

Do any of you Verizonites have the same problem as me (red LED message notification LED doesn't flash when new messages are there)? FYI, I'm on BIS with an MSN/hotmail account.
    12-31-08 07:07 PM
    Mine did that too I thought I ws going crazy since I was using it earlier in the day haha. Oh dvdfan2k my phone was doing that a couple weeks ago also do a battery pull and that should fix it.
    12-31-08 09:22 PM
    This is an amusing thread because the EXACT same thing happened to me yesterday. My browser icon just disappeared and I am on the VZW network as well. All I did was a soft rest (shift + ALT + DEL) and it worked perfect for me.

Definitely must have been a VZW glitch; however, it is working fine for me now.
    12-31-08 11:56 PM
    Thanks! Followed steps. Worked great! Lifesaver!!!!!
    01-01-09 09:09 AM
    I knew I could count on the crackberry forums to help me! Thank you!!!!

-M
    01-01-09 10:29 AM
    This happened to my wife's blackberry for the third time. I've since moved my blackberry to sprint. When I called verizon they said it was blackberry/rim's fault. I don't have any way of contacting them. Just getting a bit sick of it.
    01-04-09 12:34 PM
    Here's the instructions that might be a little easer to follow..

goto Options>Advanced Options>Service Books and delete Blackberry Internet Browsing Service
    Then backout and go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table hit your menu key and select Regester Now

If you go back into the Service Books you'll see the Blackberry Internet Browsing Service back at the top and your browser should work again.

This is unquestionably a VZW issue only. Most people only have to do it once, but there are a few that have had the issue repeat a number of times. I'm noticing a trend, the ones that had had multiple issues had all been on the Corporate Provisioning ($44.99 Feature.) But, have been unable to verify that they are having more issues then the BIS ($29.99 Feature)
    Last edited by TrinaryOC; 01-04-09 at 01:01 PM.
    01-04-09 12:59 PM
    Many thanks to everyone, my fiancee just had this happen to her phone out of nowhere today.but this took care of it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD