I have owned this marvelous piece of technology for about three weeks and have logged quite a few hours wandering around and trying to master this communications marvel. At this point in time I'm only stumped one on one thing. My "Browser" and my "BlackBerry Help!" buttons do exactly the same thing. Can the Browser just be a browser? Can the BBHelp! just be help? If I to the browser, my "homepage" is BBHelp. If I press the menu key from the browser and then highlight ""Go To..." and press the track ball I get the browser, but it says "BlackBerry Help!" at the top. What I need is some REAL Blackberry Help.
    12-08-08 09:10 PM
    You can change the start page on your browser. Just go to the options.

That "BBHelp! Icon" is merely a link to the mobile.blackberry.com website. You can just add a Bookmark for it in your browser. And then you can hid the icon if you want.

You should have another Help icon on your screen. I deleted mine after a while, but it looks like a Question Mark. Or if you have dialing from the Home Screen turned off, just press the "H" key.
    12-08-08 09:27 PM
    Lol, the blackberry mobile browser has help at the top. I thought the help went to an actual help directory - I don't remember because I deleted help long ago to free up memory. You can set your browser to open on any page you want, however.

Open your browser, navagate to the page you want it to open on. While there, press the menu key and select options, click browser configuration, scroll all the way to the bottom and select use current, back out and save. While you're in browser configuration, you might as well set it up for the best view as well:

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 09:30 PM
    When you open your browser, you will still have the goto function where your bookmarks, search function, and history live.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 09:34 PM
    Thanks Exelant...I have been to the bottom of the browser configuration page several time and have tried it again on your advice. I guess I was expecting the "Go To...." page to be the browser pages and it's just not that way. How's the 'boarding this winter?
    12-08-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD