My curve 8330 had os 4.5 when I got it 4 months ago. I've had no problems until a few days ago my homepage changed from google to the blackberry help mobile page and my (go to..). Disappeared also and I couldn't change it back I deleted the bb help browser from service book its a temporary fix does anyone know what to do or how to delete the help browser for good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by carlosmichini; 12-19-09 at 07:51 AM.
    12-17-09 07:42 PM
    Have you gone into the browser menu, options, general and set the home page to something like google.com and that should get it for you...
    12-17-09 10:15 PM
    Well I used to have the option to change it that way but now the use current button is gone and I can't edit the url either.. Its really strange

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 06:55 AM
    I like my Blackberry 8330 but I have several big gripes about it. One is what you guys are talking about. When you open the browser you HAVE to go through the Blackberry Help Screen first, then Bookmarks or Go To. I hate it! Yes there appear to be options to change it and you can go through the motions and it may work once or twice then it reverts back to going to the BB Help Screen. I have heard that this is an option that is burned in by our cellular provider. In my case, US Cellular. A friend has a BB 8330 on Verizon and it does the same thing. Sometimes I use the Google shortcut to access the internet. It is less trouble to get to where I want to go. I also use the Bolt browser and it gives direct access to Favorites or enter a URL. I would use it all of the time except I can't get it to work with JAVA or whatever weather radar providers use. It will show the radar but I can't get any animation. I have tried the BB desktop shortcuts by that Johnathan guy but can't get them to work at all. Anyone know how to make the BB browser go directly to a homepage of my choice or at least to my bookmarks or a place to enter a URL?
    12-24-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD