I just dropped my BB and the outer screen has a nice "X" crack in it...
    Looking for replacement parts and tools. I know how to do the work. Gracias.

I'm gonna need a new front plastic piece.
    12-08-08 02:36 PM
    12-08-08 02:38 PM
    Thanks alot! I was prepping a gig tonight (I play the drums in a band) and I dropped the box for my in ear monitors (metal box that converts the cable from thick guitar cord style down to the headphone size) and it hit my phone that was on the floor. cracked it, and knocked a huge chunk of the glass out. I guess I should've gotten the insurance eh? haha anyways, I just bought a screen from the cellular accessories link, and hopefully that'll fix it! not bad, new screen for $5. (glass outer screen not LCD screen, those are like $20 I think)
    01-21-09 11:37 PM
    I actually just replaced my front screen today, fairly easy process though I had a rough time with the double sided adhesive that came with it.

I neglected to take the center part of it out before applying it to the new screen and then had the side with the backing inside where the LCD should show through, it took a minute of me sticking my finger onto the adhesive and pulling it off for the perforations to completely tear and let me remove that square of backing. I'd almost suggest that way to do it though cause at least I knew everything was lined up alright haha.

Good luck fixing your berries, they look so much nicer without a cracked screen
    01-22-09 01:34 AM
    Yeah, it hopefully will look ALOT better. This is my blackberry I have one of those plastic scratch protectors on it now to prevent the glass from getting caught in my pocket.

01-22-09 07:27 PM
    That picture makes me want to cry! Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 12:01 AM
    I did cry... lol (not really though, I pretended like I was)

New screen was shipped out, so hopefully Customs doesn't hold it for a long time. Thats the only thing I hate about buying from Hong Kong. It takes forever to get here.

I might switch back to my Pearl... but I dont want to. I prolly will while I'm changing the screen. everytime I go to call alltel to switch my number over they're always closed! I need to call before 10pm tomorrow.
    01-23-09 02:20 AM
    yay! My new screen came in, and I put it on. Looks brand new! I highly recommend Cellular Nationwide Network Just make sure you dont order it during Chinese New Year. My screen didn't ship out till Feb. 1st. I ordered it on the 23 of January I think. But it looks just like a real blackberry screen. If anyone wants to see a picture of it, just let me know.
    02-03-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD