The other day I was opening my battery cover to take out the battery, since my browser wasn't working. When in doubt, take the battery out!
    As I took my finger from the latch that I'd depressed to unlatch the door, the battery latch literally popped out of the back of my BB 8330, along with a tiny spring, and possibly another piece!
    So I stop by a VZ store, and they mess with it, then tell me that I have to call for a replacement, because they don't have my phone in stock.
    So, I call and the tech offers to send me a replacement. As I'm talking to the tech, I notice that the loose pieces have now fallen from my phone, thanks to the VZ store salesperson. Great.
    The tech says he can have a phone out to me in two to three days, but I will be retaining my battery and cover. I ask him if it will be a refurb and he says yes. Grrrr.
    So, now, do I keep my BB with the missing battery latch, or do I risk getting a refurbished, i.e. not new one, and risk having bigger problems than a broken latch later?
    Are there instructions and parts available online to fix it myself?
    If I use my unsurance, it will cost me $50 and it will also be a refurb.
    Grrr.
    Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
    10-06-08 06:22 PM
    You can order new battery releases etc from CNN.CN Im sure someone here has replaced the latch or a google or youtube search might yeild some results.
    10-06-08 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD