In an earlier thread, I mentioned that my Curve won't recharge due to 1 of the 5 gold wires in the plug on the phone being bent. I called ATT Warranty and they will ship me a REFURBISHED Curve. Because they will probably consider the problem "physical damage," they say it will cost me $374 (again, for a refurbished one--not a brand-spanking new one), plus $12 to overnight it. Won't be shipped until Monday. Anyone know what options I should look at??? For example, I can buy a BRAND NEW one for $349 from a local store. OR, I could even opt for the---yikes--$399 8 gig iPhone.

What do y'all think????
    02-23-08 12:33 AM
    i will buy your broken phone, if you are interested. pm me if you are!
    02-23-08 12:58 AM
    In an earlier thread, I mentioned that my Curve won't recharge due to 1 of the 5 gold wires in the plug on the phone being bent. I called ATT Warranty and they will ship me a REFURBISHED Curve. Because they will probably consider the problem "physical damage," they say it will cost me $374 (again, for a refurbished one--not a brand-spanking new one), plus $12 to overnight it. Won't be shipped until Monday. Anyone know what options I should look at??? For example, I can buy a BRAND NEW one for $349 from a local store. OR, I could even opt for the---yikes--$399 8 gig iPhone.

What do y'all think????

Just get the power station for your curve. There is one at the crackberry.com store for like 25 bucks
    02-23-08 01:00 AM
    Go the blackberry charger. The issue is syncing however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-08 01:09 AM
    Wow, yea, i didnt even think of that!!! BlackBerry Charging Pod for 8300 Series - ShopCrackBerry
    Although it says AC adapter not included, im sure you can find it!
    sync is going to be the issue as well.( Sorry about that, i just came from the Treo and never used a cradle)
    02-23-08 01:13 AM
    Can I use bluetooth to sync??
    02-23-08 01:16 AM
    i'm pretty sure no to PC and yes to Mac, but im not positive...
    02-23-08 01:19 AM
    You will be able to sync with Bluetooth (at least on a PC - I'm doing it all the time) but you won't be able to install new applications or backup the device.

Andr�
    02-23-08 08:24 AM
    It is ridiculous that they would make you pay 374 for a refurbished phone i mean ...are you serious...you might as well go ahead and buy yourself a new one
    02-23-08 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD