Hi everyone. I am having a huge problem with my Curve. I downloaded the new OS 4.5 from Blackberry's website. I tried to install it via my computer but as soon as it got to the last task I got an error. JVM Error: 513

I found some information on the problem and tried to install again through my computer without the jvm (loader /nojvm). This worked fine and it said that it installed but my phone is stuck on a loading process. I tried this through two separate computers, through the Blackberry website, through a prompt on my computer and pretty much anything else I can think of with nothing working. Does someone know how I can fix this and get my phone working again? I even tried to re-install the old OS but to no avail. I need my phone, it's the only one I have and it's my work phone. It has all my calendar information, appointments, phone numbers and so forth in it that I need. I backed up the phone but I can't access the file because my phone isn't working.

I am so frustrated.

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

-Anastacia
    01-04-09 08:28 PM
    Stuck how?
    01-04-09 08:39 PM
    It shows a loading screen, like you would see if you started Windows with the hourglass turning around and around, but it never gets past the loading.
    01-04-09 08:42 PM
    How long did you wait? The screen should be like that for 20-30 minutes while it finishes installing the update. Not waiting long enough can result in a corrupt OS.
    01-04-09 08:48 PM
    I waited roughly 30 minutes. I just let it sit while I watched T.V.
    01-04-09 08:50 PM
    Wait an hour. That's twice as long as it should take and would be safe to say there is an issue. Don't unplug the BB from your computer at any time.
    01-04-09 08:55 PM
    Thank you; I'm going to try that now.
    01-04-09 09:01 PM
    It worked! Thank you so much! I'm now installing my back-up data to the phone. I suppose next time I should be more patient.
    01-04-09 10:05 PM
    hey so my stupid friend was playing around with my phone well i wasnt there, anyway i have a password she failed all ten attempts. the phone said wiping i pullled out the battery and call telus they said to put the battery in and let it wipe my phone so i did, then it said scubbing, it took about and hour and a half for it to fiinsh then it suddenly went white and the jvm error 513 came up! i have no clue what to do! please help me i just got my phone noteven a month ago!
    10-16-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD