So I bobbled the phone, and it slipped and naturally landed screen first on a brick.

The glass is shattered but I can still read texts, there are no dark spots, nothing that would hint the LCD is cracked. I google'd for a new screen, and came across something that said it was a 'lens' for the phone. It looks a lot like the part that is broken, I'm just not sure how many pieces there are to the screen since I have yet to take it apart. Is this the part I'm looking for? Or am I in need of the LCD? I just want to make sure I'm not going to buy something that isn't what I need, and since I read on here all the time and rarely post, I know you guys know your stuff so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the help!

Mike
    12-07-08 07:23 PM
    search ebay and see if anyone is selling just blackberry screens. I know there are online places that advertise lcd replacements for ipods/iphones, I'm sure there is some for blackberry screens. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 07:30 PM
    Take a look on BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM black lens- Nokia, Tools, BenQ-Siemens, 3G, BlackBerry, Acer, Mobiado, LG, HTC, Alcatel, Dop

If it does not appear that the LCD is damaged then the plastic lens
    is all you need.
    12-07-08 07:30 PM
    That's exactly where I was looking. The whole front is dinged up from the fall so I was just going to replace the entire front w/the "OEM Crimson faceplate w/lens". That's all I needed to know and it only took 7 minutes, thanks guys!

~Mike
    12-07-08 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD