I was installing the 4.5.0.81 software and it removed all of my applications/programs, then got this error message on my Desk Top Manager "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi load opperation" Now the BB has the dreaded 507 error screen.

Someone help!

Thanks.

PS I did remove the Vendor XML file.
    10-10-08 03:39 PM
    10-10-08 03:44 PM
    The 507 error means you were successful in wiping out your original Operating System.

The real issue is the "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi load opperation" message.

That is usually a USB connection problem. BlackBerry has a set of USB troublshooting tips.

BlackBerry Search Results

If that fails, try it on a different computer.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-10-08 at 03:53 PM.
    10-10-08 03:51 PM
    Reed,

Thanks. The PC is seeing the BB in the USB device manager. What to do now?
    10-10-08 04:17 PM
    I just had this issue with another BB of mine. What I did was re downloaded the OS then connect to the DM it should recognize your device. If it doesn't a box will usually pop up and ask what PIN and USB you want. Just choose your PIN then hopefully it will find your device. After it does it will probably tell you that the OS needs to be updated. Select update now and after it finishes (allow it to reconnect to device after update install) and then you should be fine.
    10-10-08 06:16 PM
    Loved your title "Bricked my Curve" its like brick breaker. hahahaha
    10-10-08 07:47 PM
    Did you get it to go?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 08:03 PM
    Yes, indeed, is it working now?
    10-10-08 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD