I was running .37 and tried to upgrade to .42. Im not sure where it went wrong, but when the information was being restored after the flash it just stopped and gave an error saying the info coulndt be restored, to do it manually. No big.

Except the phone displays a black and white screen that says, "blackberry platform 2.7.0.60 and is completely useless. I figured I would reload any of the OS's I had on the comp but desktop manager no longer sees the phone at all.

It is not in the reboot cycle or anything like that, its just not able to connect and has no usable OS.

Ideas?

**edit**
    several falshes of numerous blackberries and you would think I would have remembered to delete the vendor.xml file. I doubt this is the problem, though I did just realize that I failed to do this on this install gone bad
    Last edited by johnatthebar; 06-17-08 at 06:34 PM.
    06-17-08 06:31 PM
    use this - I just had to do it recently, worked like a charm.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    06-17-08 06:34 PM
    I ditched that idea initally becuase its a different problem. I tried it once but wouldnt link up...did a hard reset and now it sees it. Trying now.
    06-17-08 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD