Hey guys,

I have a problem. This has happened to 2 Blackberry 8330's I've had. Out of nowhere, the keyboard becomes either totally non-functioning or will become disoriented as well as side buttons, or for instance i'll click space bar and it starts typing letters, or i'll want to type the "?" sign and it will type the "#" sign, when I go to reboot the phone, the keyboard becomes non-functioning. Trackball works, but the clicker on the trackball as well as side buttons and keyboard don't work. Any ideas? This has happened to 2 phone's I've had.....both are stock 4.5 Sprint OS's.
    10-04-09 05:31 PM
    Could it possibly be a quirky 3rd party app you've installed on both?
    10-04-09 06:38 PM
    Sounds like a moisture problem. Could you be carrying or storing the phone where it can pick up moisture?
    10-04-09 07:06 PM
    Could it possibly be a quirky 3rd party app you've installed on both?
    nope.....I am pretty careful with what I throw on my berry, im puzzled....I have no clue. I've had 3 berry's in the last 1.5 years....so all in all I haven't had good luck....but the last 2 have had this unique problem.....
    10-04-09 07:08 PM
    Sounds like a moisture problem. Could you be carrying or storing the phone where it can pick up moisture?
    I use the BB leather holster, and It pretty much stays there. I'm careful not to get it exposed to water.
    10-04-09 07:11 PM
    i had that problem after my curve took a pretty solid beer bath when i was out one night. take it apart as much as you feel comfortable doing (battery, trackball, front cover, etc.) and let it dry out. get in there and clean up what you can. it worked for me.
    10-04-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD