I have a new Curve I picked up Saturday and am having battery problems.
    When fully charged, it does not last long, even with very minimal use.

For example - last night I full charged it for about 7 hours.

When I turned it on, it was only 90% full. 15 minutes later, with only a 3 message email push (no talking, no apps, etc) the battery is now at 60%!!!!

Did I get a lemon?
    08-20-08 08:07 AM
    Maybe. Bring it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 08:08 AM
    definitely bring it back and see what they can do for you
    08-20-08 08:10 AM
    I don't think so. You need to give battery a good 24 hour first charge and then exercise it for a week and then you will see improvement.
    But the best you will get is 2 days out of a std battery depending on use.
    I have to charge mine almost every night

08-20-08 08:12 AM
    I don't think so. You need to give battery a good 24 hour first charge and then exercise it for a week and then you will see improvement.
    But the best you will get is 2 days out of a std battery depending on use.
    I have to charge mine almost every night

I have charged it four times now. I take it that it is too late to do the 24 hour charge.

What do you mean by exercise it - (use it). Sorry if my question sound stupid, I am used to regular cell phones where I charge once a week.

Also, I have an 8703 provided by work for business use, I usually only charge it once every 4-5 days (and it stays on 24/7) and gets much more use than the curve.
    08-20-08 08:18 AM
    Nope thats NOT normal! I would try giving it like a full 12 hours or so charging and then see how long it lasts.
    08-20-08 08:25 AM
    I have charged it four times now. I take it that it is too late to do the 24 hour charge.

What do you mean by exercise it - (use it). Sorry if my question sound stupid, I am used to regular cell phones where I charge once a week.

Also, I have an 8703 provided by work for business use, I usually only charge it once every 4-5 days (and it stays on 24/7) and gets much more use than the curve.
    No questions here are stupid. I would take it back and explain your problem. They should give you a new battery or a new berry.
    08-20-08 08:26 AM
    There is no way that is normal , rather you did the 24 hour initial charge and exercised it for the first 4 charges or not, most people DON'T anyways. I would go back to the store and have them exchange out the battery and if it still exhibits these problems have them exchange out the whole device.

Lucky for you when you purchase a new device you don't have to put up with anomalies like that , if you'd purchased on ebay or Craigs list you'd likely be not so lucky........

08-20-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD