here's the newest housing i've put on

white/clear epik

here it is w/the pink epik

and her black... it's great! i feel like i have 3 different phones
    09-24-09 06:08 AM
    Hey Amanda and Ryan, are those full housings? What the crap is an EPIK? It looks like there is one White housing and one Black housing, with a plastic casing on the phone?

Am I right?

Where did you get your housing / casing from??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by genikah; 09-24-09 at 07:03 AM.
    09-24-09 06:40 AM
    Epik are the crystal gel cases and I ordered just the faceplates/backings... got both on ebay. DCMUGEN is the seller on the cases and I got the housings from BestBlackberryShop. But yes, you're right, it's a white housing w/the different cases and then the black housing w/the black case
    09-24-09 06:44 AM
    My full housing are the original antenna cover, keyboard tray, white trackball and keypad, I just took it off and had someone here locally airbrush mine to the colors I was wanting.

The original has the good foam LCD gasket, LED prism/cover, and the mesh cover over the earpiece hole. So of course the Fit is perfect since its the original and the finish is my own.

I am going to have them airbrush the side rails to match the housing, and change my trackball to the orange ball with white ring....

I SPENT UNDER $20
    09-24-09 07:26 AM
    Wow, that airbrush job looks really good. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my original housing for backup.
    09-24-09 08:23 AM
    My full housing are the original antenna cover, keyboard tray, white trackball and keypad, I just took it off and had someone here locally airbrush mine to the colors I was wanting.

The original has the good foam LCD gasket, LED prism/cover, and the mesh cover over the earpiece hole. So of course the Fit is perfect since its the original and the finish is my own.

I am going to have them airbrush the side rails to match the housing, and change my trackball to the orange ball with white ring....

I SPENT UNDER $20
    wowo that looks phat i wanted to do something like that but i dont want to get it airbrushed and i wated the keypad so i settleed and got the blue housing waiting on it from hong kong lol. i have the blue track ball in right now i figure i would switch it up until the new storm comes out
    09-24-09 09:58 AM
    From what I can tell, though listed as "true" OEM, if you look on eBay at BerryBalls, they look better constructed than any other.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

I'll second that on Berryballs. I got 2 trackballs from cnn.cn, they both were horrible. Got a berryball off ebay and it works like a charm!
    09-24-09 10:34 AM
    bough a white housing on ebay

the antenna cover would not fit well so i kept the original titanium one on. Switch back to the original housing because the ebayed one was made from cheap plastic which felt ultra cheap in my hand. Also the screen cover in plastic was 10 times more scratchable compare to the original one.
    09-24-09 12:54 PM
    BB 8310 with black 8330 housing, black trackball and ring

09-24-09 02:54 PM
    Nice Black out!

09-24-09 04:13 PM

I SPENT UNDER $20
    OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
    That is pure sexiness!!!
    09-24-09 05:13 PM
    I'll second that on Berryballs. I got 2 trackballs from cnn.cn, they both were horrible. Got a berryball off ebay and it works like a charm!
    I got one from cnn.cn a few months ago and it worked horribly as well. So last night I took it apart and went to my old OEM trackball and took the ball out of the housing and and put it into the cnn.cn housing and now it works better then the OEM to tell you the truth. When I was comparing the two balls the one from cnn.cn is noticeable smaller. But I think I'm going to try out berryballs the next time I get a TB. Hate to always use the same ball with the gross yellow color.
    09-24-09 05:22 PM
    That looks f****** mean!! I ordered one like that off ebay today but I'm hoping that delivery doesn't take as long as a month as some people have expressed here :-). Do you have any problems with the housing now that its on? Cheers.
    Last edited by DV26; 09-24-09 at 08:30 PM.
    09-24-09 08:26 PM
    Thanks man, I've always wanted a Blackberry and now I finally got a BLACKberry I think the black ring and the black background really pulls the "blacked out" theme together very well.

Besides the keyboard that came with the set that felt a bit flimsy and didn't fit quite right....I haven't experienced any issues with it. I do recommend, however, to get a gasket around the lcd screen to prevent dust and lint from entering the device. I did not order one with the set but instead ordered a skin from BSE to prevent scratches. Going to order one shortly.
    09-24-09 11:07 PM
    Cheers mate. Will keep you informed. Feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas lol!

09-25-09 02:09 AM
    ive gotten TB's from cnn and they work perfectly! i think its time to do a blackout on my curve...ive done orange and red...and recently ordered a new oem silver housing cause i do like the silver but the black looks plain sexy!
    09-25-09 08:54 AM
    ive gotten TB's from cnn and they work perfectly! i think its time to do a blackout on my curve...ive done orange and red...and recently ordered a new oem silver housing cause i do like the silver but the black looks plain sexy!
    Maybe I just got a bad pair!
    Last edited by cycotom; 09-30-09 at 03:58 PM.
    09-30-09 02:44 PM
    Here is my Curve

Two pics one with the silicone cover on the other without.

The theme is a custom one I made.

Gonna miss this as my main handset when i upgrade.
    09-30-09 03:24 PM
    I recently bought a full housing for my 8320 (had a thread here on cigarette smoke) on eBay for about $29 USD (before Bing cashback) and the quality is almost as good as OEM. My gripe with this, albeit not a major one, is that the center part of the housing where the motherboard/lcd is placed didn't have a camera flash bulb so now when I take pictures the flash doesn't work. I tried taking out the bulb from the original housing but I couldn't find a way.
    I have the same issue! So what did you end up having to do? I cannot find anything out! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-16-09 11:31 AM
    hmm Ive ordered a blue housing with blue trackball, black trackball ring from .dealsishop.com]Buy cell phone parts, cellular phone repair parts, earbuds, wholesale/retail[/url] and I ordered my girlfriend a pattern white housing from hong kong (feelstore) off of ebay....came in and everythings good for the most part.

Ill put up pics soonnn!
    10-16-09 01:46 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD