I am hoping for an opinion regarding my bb.

I bought the 8310 but find the lack of 3g, wifi, slow internet connection, and and lack of video stream to be a problem. I love the messaging and style but in the end I need a superior product.

I'm thinking bb bold or storm, or perhaps switching to iPhone. Can anybody give me some insights or opinions about comparing these products? Would such a change really be worth it?
    02-03-09 01:47 PM
    I would be interested in any info also.....
    02-03-09 02:10 PM
    I find the internet connection at least in my area to be fast.

Streaming videos can be fixed by upgrading to OS 4.5.

But if you feel as though the curve is not for you I would defenitly look into another blackberry. As far as the Iphone, I started off with tye iphone and HATED it, but that's just IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 02:14 PM
    If you wanted wi fi why didn't you but the 8320 ?
    02-03-09 02:16 PM
    I started a very very similar thread yesterday. Only difference is that I putzed around too long and went over the 30 days buyer's remorse period. Now I am stuck with the curve which I will have to upgrade to the new os 4.5 which hopefully will fix some of my issues. As I am told and read here, the new software will allow you to record videos and also to stream videos (youtube, etc.). Depending on the price difference I would go with the Bold. I was going to but found out that I was one day late. Surprise surprise.

If battery life is somewhat of a concern to you, keep in mind that the curve gets significantly better battery life compared to the bold. I am a moderate to heavy user (2,800 peak mins on avg, not includ. nights/weekends) 10 to 20 e-mails/day along with some minor browsing and my curve will last me 2 full work days (mon 7am to tue 8pm). On the weekend it is even better as I am not on the phone as much.

Here is a link to my thread, lots of informative answers.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cur...d-wait-150398/

Hope this helped.

Marc
    02-03-09 02:22 PM
    When you say Storm, are you talking about switching to Verizon, or getting an unlocked Storm and using it on AT&T?

If it's the latter, it won't be much faster than the 8310 on the browser because it will be using edge not 3g.
    02-03-09 02:30 PM
    I find the internet connection at least in my area to be fast.

Streaming videos can be fixed by upgrading to OS 4.5.

But if you feel as though the curve is not for you I would defenitly look into. another blackberry. As far as the Iphone, I started off with tye iphone and HATED it, but that's just IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you hate so much about the iphone?
    02-03-09 03:39 PM
    When you say Storm, are you talking about switching to Verizon, or getting an unlocked Storm and using it on AT&T?

If it's the latter, it won't be much faster than the 8310 on the browser because it will be using edge not 3g.
    Ah, so bb storm doesn't connect to the 3G network? That's unfortunate
    02-03-09 03:43 PM
    Ah, so bb storm doesn't connect to the 3G network? That's unfortunate
    well it does, but only on verizon
    02-03-09 03:45 PM
    go with the bold trust it is far superior to iphone
    02-03-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD