Well my mom suprised me a bought me a new 8gb card for my bb. Not sure why, I think she bought some goodies for hers and picked me up something. Anyways is there a thread, how to, or any precautions I need before switching out the card? Also I do have some pics and songs on my phone I would like to keep. But not sure if it's saved on the phone or on the card the phone came with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie
    08-05-08 05:46 PM
    Connect the BB to your computer and view it in "my computer." All the files that you see there, I believe, are what is stored on your memory card. If you don't see it there, then it is on your device memory.

I'm somewhat new to BB so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    08-05-08 05:59 PM
    Okay thanks.

Anyone else?
    08-05-08 06:08 PM
    There are no special precautions or steps that need to be done.

If you already have a card, back a backup of the contents on your PC.

Then remove that card and install the new one. Format the 8Gb with your Berry and you will have about 7.6Gb space available.

The reload the media you had before
    08-05-08 06:16 PM
    I'm buying a card today. I'm assuming I can just remove the battery and place the card in slot?
    08-05-08 06:25 PM
    Is there any restrictions on the size of the card. Is 8gb supported?

And everlast316 has it for viewing and moving pics and such.
    08-05-08 06:34 PM
    Okay I backed up my bb and saved it on my desktop. Turned the phone off, removed battery, swapped out cards, and powered my phone back up. So far it looks like everything is still on my phone. But I did notice if I hold my finger over the led light usually the lights come on my keyboard but that doesn't work...
    08-05-08 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD