Ok, so I'm waiting on a new LCD screen from cnn for my Curve cause my phone went skinny dipping and I got this bright idea to customize my phone. I have two addictions, my car and my blackberry, so I decided that one should reflect the other. Here's a pic of my car.

And here's my new and improved Curve (originally Titanium) after taking it apart, sanding it down, painting it black to match my baby, adding a Mustang Decal, and then going over it with a couple coats of Clearcoat.

First off, I know it's lame but I was BORED and well I might as well do something for the Blackberry Community since RIM is too lazy to release a new product.....
    06-24-08 10:18 AM
    Nice!! Looks slick...

Cool that you customized it yourself to match your car. Did you paint the original housing or get a replacement from cnn.cn and paint that and swap them?
    06-24-08 10:22 AM
    Sucks what happen to your Curve, im suppose to be getting my today!
    Look at the Bright side you still have a sweet car!
    06-24-08 10:22 AM
    Nice customization! I want to do something like that as well but I just don't know what color to choose.

Nice car too!
    06-24-08 10:25 AM
    You should attach your hood tie downs to the battery door cover that would be classic.
    06-24-08 10:30 AM
    Did you paint the original housing or get a replacement from cnn.cn and paint that and swap them?
    It's the original housing. From start to finish took me about 2 hours...

You should attach your hood tie downs to the battery door cover that would be classic.
    Ya know, that's not a bad idea. I bet I could hand paint some hoodpins onto it....that would look sick! That'll be the next project...
    06-24-08 10:44 AM
    that looks pretty damn sexy.

good job.
    06-24-08 04:19 PM
    nice ride i might add
    06-24-08 04:21 PM
    OMG I WANT!!!

I am an avid Mustang Fanatic!!!!

that looks amazing!!

awesome to know theres a fellow BB mustang lover

you might want to invest in the BLACK keypad from cnn.cn that would complete the blackout look

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM keyboard- Black- SonyEricsson, Motorola, HTC, Alcatel, Dopod/O2, NEC, Samsung, Nokia, Mobiado, Ap
    Last edited by jamiegroh; 06-24-08 at 04:42 PM.
    06-24-08 04:22 PM
    NICE!!! Looks good
    06-24-08 04:27 PM
    Check that out! Way cool. Nice phone too .
    06-24-08 04:29 PM
    looks great. very jealous
    06-24-08 04:31 PM
    nice. very nice. looks great!
    06-24-08 04:35 PM
    looks pretty good bro...although I wouldn't want to be you, considering the price of gas nowadays...lol
    06-24-08 04:35 PM
    Very Nice brave one
    06-24-08 04:41 PM
    dude thats killer rite there. i was thinkin bout paintin my bb too.
    06-24-08 07:11 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the Kudos...and yes, gas is KILLING me right now...especially since I had it custom tuned to 93 octane *choke*

But I've cut back on my red light to redlight racing so I can get the bold/javeline when/if it comes out lol..
    06-26-08 02:14 PM
    *cough*shouldhavebeenashelby*cough* lol
    06-26-08 02:23 PM
    Hey there, that paint job looks awesome. I am about to do something similar, and I was wondering if I could get some specifics from you?

Did you use a plastic specific paint? And as for the clear coats what kind did you use? I was planning on using 400 grit sandpaper, and spending alot of time making it even and smooth.

I hope mine can come out looking smooth like that. Good work!
    06-26-08 02:26 PM
    *cough*shouldhavebeenashelby*cough* lol
    Lol...well this is all a poor law school student can afford right now...don't worry though, a Shelby is at the top of the list

Hey there, that paint job looks awesome. I am about to do something similar, and I was wondering if I could get some specifics from you?

Did you use a plastic specific paint? And as for the clear coats what kind did you use? I was planning on using 400 grit sandpaper, and spending alot of time making it even and smooth.

I hope mine can come out looking smooth like that. Good work!
    Well I used a 400 grit followed by an 800 grit. To be honest, I just used some Hi-Temp Engine Enamel that I had left over from doing some custom work under the hood lol. I considered going to the store and getting some specific plastic paint but I figured..why not...

Just remember to work in an area with little to no wind and to take your time. I used about 3 coats. The first coat SHOULD NOT cover all of the original color. The first coat is just a base and you should give it about 20 mins to dry (no more than 45). The second coat should be slightly thicker, but you DON'T want it to drip so make sure you give yourself some distance between the can and the phone. The third coat should be quite liberal and should go on enough so that it LOOKS glossy. Use the same method for the clearcoat and you'll be fine. By the way, I put my mustang decal on before I put on my clearcoat so that it won't be able to pull up...
    06-26-08 07:07 PM
    that looks pretty damn sexy.

good job.

I agree. You brought sexy back to Blackberry.
    06-29-08 11:48 AM
    That car is sick. Love the new mustang...good job on your BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 11:52 AM
    bringing back an old thread. Very nice!
    07-29-08 09:24 PM
    Great job!!
    07-29-08 09:27 PM
    nice whip really like how you matched it up with your phone it looks great good work
    07-29-08 09:29 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD