Kinda old mssg but hoping someone can confirm this for me: can I buy ANY old Boost Mobile cell (like a MOTOROLA I215 I seen on Ebay for $1.99) activate it THEN about a month later, activate a Sprint 8330 that I can get off craigslist around here? Assuming I would use that month to unlock the 8330 with new serivcebooks and all that jazz? OR will I even have to unlock it since Boost carries the 8330 now?

thx

Scott
    01-27-10 12:32 AM
    Read This

It's for an 8350i but that means nothing. Same steps must be followed. The only difference in that guide is that if followed, it SHOULD allow u to use BBM, and native IM clients etc...etc since Boost now offers the actual service.
    01-27-10 01:32 AM
    If you want to put an 8330 on Boost Mobile you must have a Boost Mobile CDMA account with an active branded phone (w385, c290, krzr). You can call in to CS and switch the ESN/MEID to a Sprint phone.

The combined3 service books are not the right ones to use for the 8330 as they will not give you MMS send and receive. In addition, no service books will allow you to use BBM or BB pushmail because you will not have access to BIS on Boost Mobile.

If you want it, I can post a link later today for the service books you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jrizzelcincy likes this.
    01-27-10 05:44 AM
    hightack, yes! Please do (post the 8330 SB's) and any other exciting info that will help. I have had it with Verizon, I will invest in one of those phones and also be getting an 8330 asap - I ASSUME its important for the 8330 to be a SPRINT, no other carrier would work? Also feel free to email me if u like here: theruckman @ gmail.com
    01-27-10 10:44 AM
    Here is the link to the service books for Sprint BB 8330 on Boost Mobile w/Browser and Out Going MMS Fix. http://www.deathtrip.org/misc/deatht...rm_Browser.rar
    01-27-10 03:47 PM
    The link above is for the MMS Transport and Browser Config fixes for the Sprint 8330, on Boost Mobile's $50/mo Plan.

The MMS Transport was done by me (deathtrip @ HOFO) and the Browser Config is Anworm's work.

I also have service books for the Tour (9630) listed here: hxxp://w w w.deathtrip.org/misc/9630_deathtrip_mms_&_anworm_browser.rar

(Fix the URL... Don't have enough credits here to post full URLs.)
    02-15-10 10:09 PM
    If you want to put an 8330 on Boost Mobile you must have a Boost Mobile CDMA account with an active branded phone (w385, c290, krzr). You can call in to CS and switch the ESN/MEID to a Sprint phone.

The combined3 service books are not the right ones to use for the 8330 as they will not give you MMS send and receive. In addition, no service books will allow you to use BBM or BB pushmail because you will not have access to BIS on Boost Mobile.

If you want it, I can post a link later today for the service books you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    what if i have an 8350i already on boost mobile can i switch to the 8330 from sprint? (my son broke my usb port)
    thanks
    Last edited by jrizzelcincy; 03-17-11 at 02:05 PM. Reason: to addmore info
    03-17-11 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD