I want to activate my Sprint BB 8330 with Boost mobile since Sprint has over charged me and denied my rebates. They have this new $4.99 fee they are charging as of 01/10/10 and anyone who wants to get out of their contract can do so with no ETF if they cancel their service within 30 days of notice on their Jan 2010 bill. So I want to cancel my account and since Boost mobile is now part of Sprint and uses their system I thought this would be the best way to get a cheaper monthly bill and still be able to use all of the features on my 8330.
    I called a Boost store today and asked what I needed to do to get service for my Blackberry 8330 (I didn't tell the CSR this I had a Sprint BB) he said that they will only activate Boost BB that have been sold by Boost and no other BB's. I said that's not what I have read and hung up. So what's the deal? Can I or can't I use my non Boost BB on their service? Can someone let me know the truth and if I can use Boost, how do I go about getting my BB activated? I need to have some answers soon as I only have 2 weeks left to cancel my Sprint service without the $200 ETF.

Thanks,
    Netwerkjim
    01-28-10 01:06 AM
    pay the 200
    01-28-10 01:16 AM
    You can not use a Sprint 8330 on the new Boost Mobile Blackberry Plan. They Will only accept a Boost Mobile branded 8330 costing $249.99.

Your Sprint 8330 can go on the regular unlimited plan, but you must activate a Boost Mobile CDMA phone (w385, c290, krzr) first and then call back to customer service later and do a ESN/MEID switch. You will not have BIS, so no push mail, or BBM. BB Browser,talk, SMS, MMS, GPS, and some IM's wil work. Apps not dependent on BIS will work.
    01-28-10 09:40 AM
    You can not use a Sprint 8330 on the new Boost Mobile Blackberry Plan. They Will only accept a Boost Mobile branded 8330 costing $249.99.

Your Sprint 8330 can go on the regular unlimited plan, but you must activate a Boost Mobile CDMA phone (w385, c290, krzr) first and then call back to customer service later and do a ESN/MEID switch. You will not have BIS, so no push mail, or BBM. BB Browser,talk, SMS, MMS, GPS, and some IM's wil work. Apps not dependent on BIS will work.
    This information is correct. I have a Sprint 8330 on boost with Phone, SMS, MMS, and data all working. I don't really need BIS services, so I'm happy paying $10 less and having basically full functionality. If you need any help getting it working let me know, but it is definitely possible.
    01-28-10 11:05 AM
    If you set up with Sprint for direct debit to pay ur bill each month then the 4.99 charge goes away. You can also ask them to look over your account and see if your credit is good enough to get moved off spending limit status. I'd try to get swapped sooner rather than later because I'm sure Sprint will be closing the loophole to get a Sprint Curve over to Boost soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 11:12 AM
    They have this new $4.99 fee they are charging as of 01/10/10 and anyone who wants to get out of their contract can do so with no ETF if they cancel their service within 30 days of notice on their Jan 2010 bill. So I want to cancel my account and since Boost mobile is now part of Sprint and uses their system

Is this option available to all customer because I would love to get rid of sprint I hate their service. and the coverage sucks compared to everyone elses around here.
    01-28-10 08:46 PM
    Is this option available to all customer because I would love to get rid of sprint I hate their service. and the coverage sucks compared to everyone elses around here.
    Hopefully this insight will enable better decision making:

If Sprint service is poor in the areas which you operate the device, the Boost Blackberry should have the same results: the Boost Blackberry uses the Sprint CDMA network. On the otherhand the 8350i modified for Boost (aka Boostberry) used the iDen network.

If Sprint CDMA is poor one should consider either GSM or VZN CDMA (Straight Talk).
    01-29-10 05:53 PM
    Would like to know what u did to get the 8330 activated onto Boost. Also if u think it would be possible to use a Verizon or TMobile 8330?
    02-05-10 08:49 PM
    This information is correct. I have a Sprint 8330 on boost with Phone, SMS, MMS, and data all working. I don't really need BIS services, so I'm happy paying $10 less and having basically full functionality. If you need any help getting it working let me know, but it is definitely possible.
    Devcomm, can u help me out?
    02-08-10 08:46 PM
    can you help me figure out how to activate my bb
    02-20-10 08:01 PM
    Hi. Im glad to hear this is possible. I tried to set up the plan with the sprint bb 8330 and it did not work. Do I need to start with a different phone?

Please advise.

Keith
    02-24-10 01:47 PM
    Hi. Im glad to hear this is possible. I tried to set up the plan with the sprint bb 8330 and it did not work. Do I need to start with a different phone?

Please advise.

Keith
    Did you read the post that Devcomm was replying to? It explained pretty well.
    02-24-10 02:11 PM

Please advise.

Keith
    02-24-10 02:43 PM

I just tried to do this and the cust service would not let me do it? said only boost bb phones will work on the system. booo!
    03-03-10 12:29 PM

I just tried to do this and the cust service would not let me do it? said only boost bb phones will work on the system. booo!
    Did you start a Boost Mobile account with a Boost Mobile CDMA phone first? If you didn't you won't be able to get the BB 8330 switched in. If you have, it may take more than one call to get it done.
    03-03-10 01:35 PM
    Strange that on the boost mobile store a big sign is we unlock phones here. I wonder what exactly do they unlock. Does Boost have a forum at crackberry like the other carriers?
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 03-04-10 at 11:07 AM.
    03-03-10 01:45 PM
    i have the i290 with the unlimited plan currently. thats the one i tried, is that a cdma?
    03-04-10 07:32 AM
    ok, sorry. i see that myi290 it is not a cdma phone. so it looks like my options are:
    1-buy a cdma phone activate it, the try to switch it to my 8330.($50 on craigslist)
    2-have my phone flashed to boost.($79 @local pro wireless store)

Can i get it flashed for cheaper?
    03-04-10 11:03 AM
    Hey what does means bis and what does the $50
    Plan is difrent from the$60????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD