anyone with boost bb having problems with service saying "no service in sprint area" i have never seen this problem before can anyone help????
    02-22-10 09:21 AM
    not so far for me, signal seems normal
    02-22-10 02:14 PM
    its boost mobile...enough said. sorry
    02-22-10 02:42 PM
    @soccerman2010....i know a few ppl with the boost bb & there is only 1 person having the problem!
    02-22-10 02:56 PM
    Not had this problem. Had Boost BB for a month now. The thing I am starting to realize is that service can only be used on Sprint's Native tower, not Verizon tower, Alltel or any other CDMA carrier.
    While being out of town this past weekend. I was out in the country and had decent signal. However I couldn't make, send SMS or go on the internet. The signal showing on the phone was from Verizon tower. I had 'Network Selection Mode' on Automatic not Home. That's why it was showing signal.
    02-22-10 03:11 PM
    I have Boost Mobile and just got my BB Curve 8330 last week. Have had no problems at all, very pleased actually as I was worrying I may since I am a former iPhone user. I needed to cut some expenses and by switching to Boost with the BB, I get Unlimited for $60.00, as you all probably know. I am saving almost $60.00 a month by making this switch and I didn't even have the All Unlimited with AT&T and still saving a huge chunk of change.

As far as the phone goes, I am very happy. I had the Original iPhone, never had an issue with it, but was going to upgrade this summer. Now that I havce switched to Boost with the 8330, I think I'll hang around for awhile and enjoy putting some money back into the savings rather than the other way around.

By the way, this is a really great site! Glad I came across it during a search!

To the OP, no problems here, signal and all working as expected! Good Luck!

Gunny
    02-23-10 01:49 AM
    its boost mobile...enough said. sorry
    agreed never had luck with boost. and with the dumb "please wait while we locate .." what ever it says crap much rather spend the extra 30 dollers a month to have a phone that i can count on that dont only work 1/4 the time.
    02-23-10 02:14 PM
    agreed never had luck with boost. and with the dumb "please wait while we locate .." what ever it says crap much rather spend the extra 30 dollers a month to have a phone that i can count on that dont only work 1/4 the time.
    You're talking about the IDEN network. The Boost Mobile Blackberry 8330 works on Sprint's 3g Network. No roaming off the network, but for most people it is not an issue.
    02-23-10 03:19 PM
    @soccerman2010....i know a few ppl with the boost bb & there is only 1 person having the problem!
    good for them, the network map around milwaukee sucks
    02-26-10 02:57 PM
    My phone says no service..... Help!
    12-13-11 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD