Ok so I have a 8330 on Boost, within the past couple months, I started getting text messages from random carriers, from random people that their texts have come thru fine before. When I look at the main text message screen(the first one, with each different senders texts) I can read the first few words on the text no problem. When I click the text to open it, the area above where you would type, where the senders text should be, it is completely black...with the senders phone number listed(in white numbers) along the right side of the text like this:
    Then when I reply to this text, once I hit send and my message should go into the blacked out window, it basically dissappears or is covered up by the blacked out area. My text will go thru no problem, normally.

I have called Boost Blackberry tech support, they have tried a few times to remedy it, with no luck. I have searched the forums and can't even find another example of someone having the same issue. Also, I have searched Google, with the same results.

Can anyone help me here? Has anyone ever heard of this before, know how to fix it? Is it a Blackberry problem or a Boost network problem. The bb Boost techs claimed to never have heard of this and basically tried stuff I had already tried, deleting service books and re-provisioning. Thanks for any help.
    02-26-11 02:36 AM
    A 132 views, no one has ever had this problem or can help? Mods? Crackberry Experts? Somebody....anybody? This really sucks.
    02-27-11 01:30 AM
    When was the last time you did a battery pull? What is your File Free memory? Did you install anything new before the problem started? I can help if you fill in some blanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 02:22 PM
    Hey Albee- I'm very familiar with common problems and fixes...Not surprisingly, I have the .438 memory leak. So I do soft and hard resets every two days or so. After a battery pull the file free is about 24mb. I have Slacker, Berry buzz, Berry weather, gmail, gmaps, Picture magic, berry torch and two themes. That's the third party app list. Also, it has happened while both themes were activated.

I don't believe any of the third party apps are the culprit, but who knows..I can't remember if any of them being downloaded coincided with the issue because the problem has been occurring for sometime now.

Have tried deleting MMS service books and provisioned, still am receiving these blacked out texts. Don't want to wipe and reload, because I used the phone for a few months before this ever happened and other than this problem, the phone has been great. Without any issues now for the several months I have owned it.

No one seems to have ever even heard of this type of error before, but the majority of my texts come in just fine, and even people who I do get these blacked out texts from, their texts go back to normal after a couple days(randomly but never more than a few days). So I'm kind of leaning towards some kind of Boost network issue, at this point anyways. Right now I can deal with it, but wouldn't mind fixing it if I could.

Appreciate any help you can offer.
    02-28-11 02:19 AM
    I'm running Boost also. Have never heard or experienced this. I'll do some digging later and see what I can unearth. Talk to you later.

02-28-11 02:06 PM
    I think you should back up with DM & BBSAK, wipe and reinstall everything. Takes about an hour and should clear it up if it is a bad file.
    02-28-11 02:29 PM
    I had a similar problem with my 8530 several months ago. After loading a new OS on it, I started getting duplicate blank messages along with my incoming messages. Every time someone would send me a message, a duplicate would follow instantaneously with no message. It's a pain, but I got tired of the issue and put a different OS.
    02-28-11 10:43 PM
    Ok Albee I'll look forward to it, and thanks for the advice everyone else, I have been contemplating installing bbtweaks hybrid 438 for some time now just to clear up the memory leak. Maybe I'll have to finally check it out.

Thanks again.
    03-01-11 12:19 AM
    I have done some digging still83fifty, and have yet to find anyone else experiencing this weird glitch. There are those that received blank anonymous texts with no reference numbers or address book names but nothing that comes close to your anomaly. Unfortunately I think trouble shooting this one will be as time consuming if not more than wiping and installing your new hybrid Os. If it is as rare a problem as I think I would go with the wipe. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

03-01-11 11:10 PM
    Thanks Albee...Hey I have a question for you, I already posted a thread in the site bugs forum, b/c at the time I thought it was a issue with the CB App store/Mobihand.

But basically, I help a lot of people out with their 8350i's here in Columbus putting there phones onto Boost. About a week ago I get a call from one of them saying that when they tried to do a free ota download from the CB app store they got this message:

"This product has to be downloaded on a desktop computer and then installed through cable synchronization. Please refer to the confirmation email."

Initially, I thought it was the persons own mistake somehow, as most of these 8350i users are brand new Blackberry users. Didn't think much of it and told them to stop by and I would walk them through the process of a ota download. Then a couple days ago I had two different people contact me with the same exact problem. Both Boost users with the 8350i. I thought to my self that's weird, so I went to my CB app store account and resent my berry weather app, to my disbelief I got the same exact message(and I use a Boost branded 8330). So I immediately contacted Mobihand support thinking it must be a site issue. That morning I sent one of my wifes berry weather apps(off of the same acct) to her phone, she's on Tmobile...it worked exactly how it should giving her the "download screen".

So I instantly knew this must be a Boost Mobile issue, so I called them, they immediately told me they were aware of the issue and were working to fix the problem right now, in the process of telling me this they mentioned it was only a problem for cdma customers.?? I said that's not true, I have three different people who I know using Boost on the Iden side, that are having the same exact issue..Confused I presume, there was a long pause, and he said what kind of phone do they use? I said, all of them use Blackberries, he then said, well that makes sense, the issue is with Blackberry phones downloading ota apps via email links.

So I'm just wondering Albee, are you having this issue with downloading ota apps via email links, like you would get from your CB app store account or free ota app download email link? I asked if any other Boost users were experiencing this issue on the other thread but didn't get a response to that question. As of right now, i still can't download any apps via a email link, links sent via a text message, work fine. Going to a site on the bb browser, work fine. It's just links via email links, which happens to be the most convenient way to download apps via my CB app store acct.

As of right now, the Boost rep said sorry for the inconvenience, and to keep checking and it will be fixed soon. If any other Boost users could reply back here and let me know if you are having the same issue, would appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.
    03-03-11 12:29 AM
    Hey, still83fifty, I am running a 8330 which is a CDMA BB. I have never had a problem using any OTA links, but I have not tried downloading anything lately from the CB apps store. I will give it a shot later and report back to you. Have a great day!

03-03-11 08:25 AM
    Thanks, yeah I use the same phone too, have never had a issue till it was brought to my attention about a week ago, just tried again a emailed link from the CB app store that worked fine for me on the 2-18 but now gives me this can only be downloaded via cable crap, I'm gonna call BM again tomorrow to see what is going on. So frustrating.
    03-03-11 11:25 PM
    Where's that Crackberry love at? Not one BB Boost user can take a few minutes to see if they are unable to download apps thru a email link(like you would receive from the store here).

Just wondering at this point if it's a national thing or local thing, I spoke to Boost Mobile again today..They again informed me they are working on the issue full time, but are unable to give me even a estimate of how long it may be till it's fixed.
    03-05-11 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD