I like the look of the browser, but it keeps crashing on me. Oh yea, and the back button doesn't work.
    01-17-09 03:55 AM
    my problems, some have been said before:
    -no back button
    -page scrolling is choppy
    -seems laggy
    -youtube won't play in browser (not sure if this was intended, but it would be nice)
    -spacebar for . doesn't work in URL
    -"G" doesn't work for quick access to URL

Thats about it for me, but i really like the layout of the browser
    01-17-09 08:04 AM
    I downloaded this and got it working about an hour ago.

My buddy just called (first phone call since downloading bolt)...I had the dreaded speakerphone blast. I've never had this issue before at all.

And oh yeah, the browser sucks!

ETA: just deleted bolt, did a battery pull, and had my buddy call again. The speakerblast was gone.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ugh....I don't think the speakerphone blast has anything to do with BOLT though.....Ive had it ever since I did the .77 and ive done all in between.....Now I run .119 and still there but not as often now....

I finally got the BOLT to install and it's a good browser and I like it alot except for the scrolling choppy issues but other than that I think it will eventually be an awesome browser once the bugs are worked out...

V
    01-17-09 08:05 AM
    downloaded for me fine... but when I type in a n address in the bar and click enter...it gets to about 2% and that bar disappears and nothing happens. I did a battery pull and still same thing.
    Same problem.

Well actually it was working once I finally got it to download yesterday, but now when I try to use it, it doesnt load pages anymore, gets about a quarter of the way before cutting off..

When it was working, I couldnt change font size, youtube worked..but loaded videos in the bb media player...and it seemed only capable of loading 1m30sec of video.

as everyones mentioned already, the cursor is choppy.

and i cant see where they want us to leave feedback, isn't there supposed to be a private forum ?

Overall I'm not so please with it...going back to Opera seemed so refreshing.
    01-17-09 11:10 AM
    Same problem.

Well actually it was working once I finally got it to download yesterday, but now when I try to use it, it doesnt load pages anymore, gets about a quarter of the way before cutting off..

When it was working, I couldnt change font size, youtube worked..but loaded videos in the bb media player...and it seemed only capable of loading 1m30sec of video.

as everyones mentioned already, the cursor is choppy.

and i cant see where they want us to leave feedback, isn't there supposed to be a private forum ?

Overall I'm not so please with it...going back to Opera seemed so refreshing.

In the orig e-mail they sent you there is a link...You have to click on Support and then leave your feedback and submit it....I was also looking for a forum....

The scrolling is wicked choppy and Ive been going back and fourth with the BOLT and the Opera 4.2....Once the bugs are worked out it should be quite a good browser....But for now....it's definetly still in beta

V
    01-17-09 11:20 AM
    Almost alpha. Beta versions usually aren't this buggy.

01-17-09 11:54 AM
    YEP yep yep...applied yesterday and this morning when i read about the revisions they were making...download failed, sent e-mail...no reply. They obviously have some kinks to work out...maybe we all missed the boat on this one doesn't appear to be Berry ready. Had alot of potential too...exciting to think of having a few browser options and viewing PC style pages
    01-17-09 12:02 PM
    hey everyone, after sending in numerous requests for a download, i finally got the link and tried it out myself. this browser is really really fast, and the pages render really nicely but it does have some issues. the back button on the bb doesnt serve as the back function in the browser, i have to go to the menu key and select back. there is no stop option, which is nice if you accidentaly click on the wrong link or part of the page. scrolling with the trackball is painfully slow, although another poster mentioned that it is much faster useing the 2, 4, 6, and 8 keys to navagate. all in all its a great browser, its fast, renders pages really nicely and has some cool features. for a beta, its great.
    01-17-09 12:19 PM
    Help!

Bolt keeps telling me I have no internet access but Opera and the BB Browser are working just fine. What gives? Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?
    01-17-09 12:33 PM
    Forum mods, can you please create a sticky or something for bolt reviews. There are too many separate threads

01-17-09 01:01 PM
    choppy, and im unimpressed. Im uninstalling.
    01-17-09 01:13 PM
    Downloaded it, didn't like it. Too slow and choppy, couldn't even scroll without it taking forever. Nice concept just needs to be better even though its Beta. Uninstalled forsure.
    01-17-09 01:42 PM
    Bolt needs work, but I what I have seen so far I like. I am already using it more then Opera.
    01-17-09 01:47 PM
    First impressions. I find opera mini for me much faster than bolt, however bolt is faster than the native browser.

Don't like the back button doesn't work. If I click menu>back sometimes it doesn't work and I have to do it numerous times to go back.

Trackball scrolling choppy. I do use the number keys to scroll but when selecting things sometimes it overshoots and there is no Stop!

Can't log in on ebay, get an error. Can't do youtube, get an error.

When entering an addy or clicking a link sometimes the bar comes up 1% and then just stops.

In mobile view you still have to scroll to the right and left. Mobile view should fit the width of the page and scrolling up and down is all you should have to do, not right and left also.

I would prefer if there was an option for the courser, so when you scroll it only highlights clickable items, I think that's selection mode in opera. It would make clicking and scrolling easier and cause less accidental clicking.

So after playing around with bolt I am only using it to view ebay items because for some reason I can't read the item descriptions in opera anymore. However, since I can't log in, I have to go back to opera to do anything more.
    01-17-09 01:53 PM
    i'm having problems downloading, sent them an email, hopefully I can get it straightened out
    i

also can't get it downloaded. Tried it several times. No luck
    02-14-09 04:13 PM
    Im very pleased to see another browser alternative to the BB browser, however, Bolt currently is completely useless unless you are an official Beta tester reporting bugs, etc. I would rather chew crushed glass that navigate 20 mins of web-browsing with that laggy trackball navigation. The list of bugs is overwhelming to say the least. I wish them good luck, and I will probably use their browser when all the kinks are worked out. But, for the people here who are having trouble downloading. You really aren't missing much.
    02-14-09 04:48 PM
    I've been using it for a few weeks now and am pretty happy with it. I currently use it more than the native or opera.

The trackball navigating still needs work, but haven't had any problems with the browser locking up.

Looking forward to the next release.
    02-14-09 05:17 PM
    Guess they lost my application to get a download link. Too bad.
    02-18-09 08:16 AM
    Had the public beta for a few days and Did not like the trackball movement at all, also didn't seem any faster than the native browser to me. space is precious so boom! the bolt got the boot- kerplunk bloop bloop bloop ;}

02-19-09 01:33 AM
    wayyyyyy to slow and choppy for me...
    02-19-09 02:59 AM
    I got in on that beta for about 10 minutes too. Too bad 10 minutes was how long it took to load only one webpage D:

02-19-09 04:21 AM
    I just installed it again. Is there something I can do in the settings to speed it up. The pointer lag drives me nuts!

02-19-09 05:43 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD