About a week ago I got my first ever Blackberry, the Curve 8310. I use it on the T-Mobile (UK) network with their web'n'walk plus package which allows me up to 3Gb of usage each month and the ability to tether. I've setup both a Bluetooth and USB connection on my UMPC, both of which work fine. I just wondered what the preferred method of connection is? Does one connection offer a better transfer rate than the other over GPRS? I gather the USB would produce less battery drain on both my UMPC and the Curve? Any advice appreciated.

Oh, and hi to all by the way!
    03-23-08 10:12 AM
    Welcome to the CB and the BB world! The best and fastest connection is always by USB no doubt. If you do it over bluetooth it wont have too much effect on the battery unless you try to tranfer a movie, which is too big anyway, LOL.
    03-23-08 10:26 AM
    Bluetooth 2.0+EDR 3000 kbit/s

USB 2.0 has a raw data rate at 480Mbps

USB is the hand down winner when it come to speed, but the Bluetooth is no slouch at 3 Mbps.
    03-23-08 10:41 AM
    My main concern is the speed difference between the two when using either to allow my Curve to act as a modem for my UMPC. I gather the figures above are regards data transfer between the two devices and not rates in relation to modem tethering?
    03-23-08 10:53 AM
    web'n'walk, 3Gb? I'm on web'n'walk (not plus) and I get unlimited...
    03-23-08 10:54 AM
    web'n'walk, 3Gb? I'm on web'n'walk (not plus) and I get unlimited...
    web'n'walk plus has a fair use policy of 3Gb. I believe the standard web'n'walk has a 1Gb fair use policy. Also the standard web'n'walk does not allow tethering.

03-23-08 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD