I have an 8330 (from Telus) and am having trouble getting Bluetooth to work. I want to sync with my pc without using usb. My Vista pc doesn't have bluetooth as original equip so i am using a new bluetooth usb dongle that says it is vista compatible, etc. All seems to be normal in that i am able to pair the 8330 with the pc (notably when i check "available services" on the Vista interface only headset and dial-up-networking are available after pairing). When i go to Desktop Manager (v4.3), and change Connection to Bluetooth, then click Detect, it can't see the 8330 ("No Device Found"). I have the 8330 in discoverable mode, and I have clicked "enable bluetooth support". I have spent about 1.5 hours on the phone with the IOGear people (mfg of dongle) and they say they think i have to tweak the BB to recognize a Bluetooth Serial Device.
    My bluetooth on the 8330 seems to be working fine because i have a bluetooth headset that works as advertised.
    Anyone got some wisdom they can contribute?
    09-25-08 04:54 PM
    Vista's native bluetooth drivers don't work with Blackberrry's bluetooth.

There's a work around, but it involves finding the correct bluetooth driver stack and installing it on your PC. It's pretty much a pain, so I never bothered. Hopefully someone else knows which is the right BT stack and can point you to it.
    09-25-08 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD