I use my Garmin Nuvi 610 as my hands-free car kit while driving.

It is connected, via bluetooth, to my BB Curve 8310 and it has been working successfully for a few years now, when I had my HTC phone and now with my BlackBerry.

Now, for no apparent reason, even though the two devices are paired and connected, if someone calls me the call is not picked up by my Nuvi (usually a little red speaker icon pops up when there's an incoming call).

Even if I try to answer the phone directly by placing it to my ear, the phone says the call is connected, but I hear nothing at all. I have unpaired and deleted the two devices from each other, and then paired and connected them again, and they both indicate that they are successfully connected (blue light flashing, etc), but I still experience the same problem.

Anybody got any ideas as to how to troubleshoot this problem?
    08-10-09 06:18 AM
    I would pair the Nuvi with another bluetooth phone (maybe have a friend pair up his). This will half-split the problem between the phone and the Nuvi. If it's the BB, then head back to the forum and try to get some more feedback. If it's the Nuvi, I'd do a firmware upgrade/reinstall and see if it will work. I know you stated the Nuvi was just working with another model of phone but you got to approach these problems with a clean slate and an open mind or you could end up chasing it wayyyy further than it had to go. Something may have changed between the time you paired up the Nuvi with your HTC and 8310. Also take a look at your bluetooth config. The phone maybe trying to use the device as something other than hands-free.
    Hope this helps,
    -Will
    08-10-09 07:00 AM
    Thanks Will!

I have already reinstalled the Nuvi firmware, and I have done a battery pull on my 8310.

As soon as I get home, I will try and connect my 8310 to a bluetooth earpiece that I have there.

The 8310 has been working just fine for about 8 months with my Nuvi, and I haven't made any changes to the bluetooth settings - my 8310 sees my Nuvi as an audio device.
    08-10-09 07:14 AM
    Problem solved - the problem was with the Nuvi!

I went to the bluetooth diagnostic page on the Nuvi and ran the bluetooth update program and it reset it.
    08-10-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD