I need help form the experts on how to set up the conexion between my curve 8320 T-Mobile and my Dell XP laptop. When I go to conexions i get this screen and I can't check BT. I have all upgrades including DT Mgr 4.7
    thank you in advance for your help
    04-02-09 08:26 AM
    Help and a suggestion. The suggestion is to not use DM 4.7 as this was designed for the Storm. Uninstall it and install DM 4.6.

Help:

Here is the complete guide for setting up Bluetooth connectivity:View Document

1., and 2. are very important.
    04-02-09 08:31 AM
    WNM,
    Today i was at home sick so I had time to try to solve this issue. I was with Dell support and they try everything but we could not get this going. It turns out that my bt device is not supported and when we uninstall the Widcom software nothing happens there is no windos bt software therfore there is no conexion. I did get the screen on the bb DT mgr to allow me to check bt conexion but that is as far as i got from conecting. Microsoft are not very helpful, I researched the knowledge data base but didn't find anything that worked so I am back to square one
    any pointers?
    04-02-09 05:35 PM
    The only thing I can suggest is to look for Bluetooth dongle with software/drivers that supports the services required for the BT connectivity. I have a Belkin that I'm pretty sure does this, but I rarely use it, so I'm not sure.
    04-02-09 08:26 PM
    thank you for your input. I just can believe that today, in this time and age there are this issues of connectivity with two standard popular devices. I can't get over it. I think using an external bt device is an old way, that is why laptops come with bt built in and I payed extra $ to have it that way.
    thanks again.
    04-03-09 06:48 AM
    The issue is really with Windows. Every non-Windows Bluetooth device I have (including the dongle) works great with each other.
    04-03-09 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD