I'm trying to set up my Plantronics Explorer 340 headset. It pairs up fine with the BB, but when I try to make a call, I can't hear anything in the headset. Any ideas?
    01-06-08 10:12 PM
    Try a couple of things. First go into your Bluetooth settings, then go to the head set then click on the headset, then connect. Try that and see if that does it. If not then do a battery pull on your BB, then try the steps I just said. If that still doesn't work try deleting and re-pairing the BT to the BB.

Click
    01-06-08 10:50 PM
    Thanks. No luck. I've tried these suggestions and tried to get help from ATT and from Plantronics....HA!
    Any more suggestions...I'm about to the point of trading it in on something that works!
    01-07-08 08:45 PM
    I can't seem to make my BB work with my Plantronics Explorer 340 headset. It pairs up just fine, the BB recognizes it, but when I try to use it I can't hear anything through the headset. I've tried another (Motorola) headset, and it did the same thing, so I know it's not the headset. (I've used this headset previously on another phone and I know it works.) I've tried resetting by removing the battery, I've deleted and re-paired the devices several times. I'm using Bluetooth to sync with my pc, so I know the Bluetooth works. I tried to get ATT to help, but their support is a joke. They transferred me to Plantronics, whose answer was, "Blackberrys have so many functions that they forgot to add proper Bluetooth support." This wasn't helpful. I'm now to the BB, so I may have failed to do something relatively simple. Any ideas?
    01-07-08 08:59 PM
    Have you tried deleting all bluetooth devices from the phone and removing the battery to reboot and trying it again?
    01-07-08 09:26 PM
    I'm not being facetious, but did you turn the volume up? On my Motorola headset, if it's turned all the way down, or if the phone is for that matter, I can't hear anything.
    01-07-08 09:35 PM
    You'll be surprised what a good ole battery pull will do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-08 09:41 PM
    thanks for the suggestion. I tried it with no luck. Any other ideas?
    01-07-08 09:50 PM
    This looks like it is your BB device instead of the headsets. Have you tried going back to the store where you got your device from and ask for a replacement since it is defective? You might want to do that.
    01-07-08 10:58 PM
    i cant get my bb to pair with my motorola headset..
    what do i do?? i tried the battery pull..

and it didnt work.. i deleted all the devices and tried it and still nothing..
    01-09-08 04:36 AM
    or.. how do i know if the device is discoverable??
    01-09-08 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD